October Rhodes Canyon Oryx Hunt

hntbambi

Day one was tough. Lots of sign but no eyes on any oryx. It was a tad on the warm side. Hopefully Saturday will be better.

I was on the Oct RC oryx hunt as well. My dad and I were invited by our friend and his wife. It was tough out there for sure. For some reason there were not as many animals out there compared to my dad's hunt back in Jan. We ended up killing one on the last day. A 36" cow. I will post up the story when I get the pics and when I get some time.

hntbambi......
How did it go for you guys?

We finally managed to connect with a 36" bull at 5:00 pm on Sunday. What a hunt. Did you talk to my buddy (red Dodge) about your hunt as you were getting back to the blacktop? They said ours was #52 and the truck after us had 2 in it. Overall decent numbers but we worked for ours. I did not have time to pose and wait for great pics, we were 3/4 miles from the truck.

2012oryx.jpg

Great Shot!! That's the way to put'em down for good! Congrtaulations on a beautiful Bull.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Congrats!!! I knew you'd connect.
That is a great hunt, killed mine 3.2 gps miles from the truck the first morning. I was whooped!!!!
Good eating there too.

Glad to see you guys were successful. Great looking oryx too. I don't believe we talked to your buddies in the red dodge. We got ours around 9:30 that Sunday. I still have not received the pics yet but as soon as I do I will post it up.

These on-range oryx hunts are way too much fun. Out of the 5 on-range hunts I have been on I have noticed that they are getting tougher and tougher as the years go by but it beats the heck out of those off- range hunts. I can only hope for someone I know to draw and get the invite.

ElkSniper

Yep, bang flop. The shot did not hit vertabre though. While butchering my budy said the shot took out the windpipe. I guess the temporary wound channel may have disrupted things a bit and did him in. We got lucky.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom