Odd set

bonepicker

Very Active Member
Here is an odd set that I matched up yesterday. 20" spike on one side, 3 point on the other.

9434antlers_001.jpg

Makes it interesting when the sides don't look the same don't it? I often wonder if I have found sets that you wouldn't know was a set without seeing the critter wearing them!

Yeah the pedicles are the best way to confirm a match. These two were found within 150 yards of each other but that doesn't automatically mean they are a match. On a few occasions I have found two antlers (and one time 3 antlers) under the same tree that initially they seemed like a match but then after closer examination were obviously were not (from different years, different shaped pedicles, both from the same side, etc.) yeah the bases are the real telling trait. And yes the pedicles on these two are identical.

I've got a similar buck on my trail cam from this year. 4-point on one side and spike on the other, but the spike is the left. I'd post a picture if I was smart enough.

Cool find though.

>Here is an odd set that
>I matched up yesterday. 20"
>spike on one side, 3
>point on the other.
>
>
9434antlers_001.jpg

Good know. I also see a 4 by 1 this year on the archery hunt strange how they sometimes just grow that way

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom