??? of the Day ... What you sleeping in?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Yep, I had to chuckle at the comments I "could" get when posting this question. No, I don't want to know if any of you woke up in a Teddy.

What tent(s), camptrailer, hammock, bivy, etc. are you using on your hunts? And are you happy, looking to upgrade???
share pics if you can

For me, the big tent is a Kodiak. It's a good tent, but snow or rain accumulates along the bottom edge and weighs it down. The angled walls aren't that great. I think it's 10' x 14'. If upgrading, I'd probably be looking for something diffrent.
For backpack trips, I use a 2 person REI, but looking to replace that one. I need something that is a bit better in wind. Maybe lighter weight too. So if anyone likes their backpack tent, let me know here. Been thinking about this MSR Elixir 2 Person

8436capture.jpg

44941.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

One thing I like about some of the MSRs is they have exits and smalls vestibules on BOTH sides. Makes it nice for us frequent pissers lol.

I've spent a lot of nights in my "new" Big Agnes already.

8547dscn2332.jpg

When I can, I prefer my Cabela's Guide tent or, better yet, my little 1959 Shasta trailer.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Apr-08-16 AT 11:00AM (MST)[p]You could get some intresting comments, hopefully no pics with those ones.? I have a big springbar, and a 22' house trailer. Depends on the trip for what is used. I'd invest in a light little tent for back packing if you ever want to guide me in Wyo for deer. ? I have a grundle of points to burn.

1. 10x12 canvas wall tent
2. MSR Fast Stash tarptent
3. When I draw my home unit, 34' park model camper on lot w sewer, water, electricity, wifi, bathhouse.

I have two different tents that I use. Obviously the style of hunt I'm doing is the deciding factor to which one I use.
1- Cabelas XPG ultralight 1 man tent for my backpack style hunts. Think it weighs around 2 pounds

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-XPG-Ultralight-Tent/532788.uts

2- Cabelas Alaknak outfitters 12x12 tent
For most basic hunts. Weighs around 70 pounds. It doesn't go far from the truck :)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Ultimate-Alaknak-Tent-x/732548.uts

Both tents have worked flawlessly even under nasty conditions. But the Alaknak is a home away from home.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

That looks like a good choice for a 1 person trip. Are you talking about just for yourself or for 2 of you? Switching to a 3-4 person tent for 2 people is more to my liking. You won't double the weight to jump to a 4 person and the extra room is worth the weight with 2

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I'm almost always solo for backpack hunts. 1-man tent does fine for myself. Has a decent vestibule for my pack and gear. I also carry a rain fly for extra cover if needed.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

I really want to get into bivy hunting. One of these days I'll actually do it! Been going to for years and it never quite works out.
I have a Springbar Family camper 7 10X14 (similar to the Kodiak) that I love! It's a great tent!
I also just bought a 2016 Eclipse Iconic 2415AK toy hauler (29'3").

Badlands mirage 2 man tent. I really like it. I'm 6'3" and it is the only 2 man that gives me enough room to lay down in with out laying diagonal.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom