Off Range Oryx July

NMBOWHUNTR

Afternoon gentlemen,

So I was one of the lucky one's to draw an off range oryx tag this year and my hunt is right around the corner. Looking for some advice on places off the beaten path to look. I know the majority of the pressure is in the northern region and plan on heading further south.

I know this is a difficult hunt and to pop the first one I see. Any pointers on places to check out would be appreciated. Plan on doing a lot of glassing and walking. PM me if you don't feel like talking on open forum.

Thanks in advance

Be careful down south with the monsoon rains since it will be in July. The roads get really sticky when it dumps rain. There are lots of flood plains that you have to cross and can easily get stuck.

Saw one yesterday wife has the tag. We just couldn't get her close enough. Be very careful when walking around out therecame within about 2 feet of getting bit by rattle snake yesterday. Snake didn't even rattle until after I jumped away got lucky I saw him in time.

Bro-

Haven't logged on here in a few years but after the last two guys I have to say Beat it Nerds. Sure, there's mud, monsoons, snakes but hell you got a tag and there are some toads down that way. Follow your instincts and get it done.

Brushhawg

Great advice. I'm sure he came on here to hear someone to tell him to go with his instincts. Us "nerds" provided advice that will help him avoid a whole lot of trouble.

Thanks for the heads up on weather, critters, etc. but this is not my first rodeo either. I appreciate the input but this is stuff we all have to deal with every time out in the field.

I know everyone is super secretive about there spots and not asking for specifics but a "hey might want to check out between this grid and that" or "have seen them in the past around here and looks like a good area" would be beneficial.

Throw me a bone brethren... something.

Thanks in advance

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom