Off Range Oryx

B

BIGBULL48

This is a cow I took on June 14th, with my hunt buddy Mozey. We found her by walking away from the road until we cut fresh track and then followed a couple miles till looking the direction the tracks lead with binoculars.
With about another mile of sneak and bush to bush crawl the last 300 yards gave a 100 yard shot about 9:45 am.
Mozey walked back for the truck and I started quartering the cow.

Thanks to Amiehunt and Balz for hunt suggestions and most of all to Mozey for helping with my hunt and animal.

Bruce Myers
485e7d285b2c40ce.jpg

heheh...you left out how there were actually two oryx together and that you chose this 37" broken horn over a 30" unbroken bull just so you could get some more horn-repair practice... ;-)

Still picking the cactus needles out of your palms and knees?

Awesome hunt, it was a privilege to get to go with you.

Congrats BigBull48 sounds like a very fun day. Glad you were able to connect.
Jordan

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom