Officer shoots dog.

runamuk

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-14 AT 07:20PM (MST)[p]I honestly have nothing but respect for cops and the challenges
they face everyday.
I admit I ain't got enuf fuzz on my nutts to do the job.
So this ain't no cop bashing thread..

I know there's a few officers that frequent M.M and I was hoping to get there take on this incident, and anybody elses for that matter.

Here's my thoughts.

Its not just the shooting, but the unprofessional conduct he displayed to a citizen, dropping the f, bomb??? Really??? Yelling and rambling and wanting to "start over"??.
With his rationale that the dog was being aggressive and he had to shoot it, then Mr. Clubb should've shot Mr. Hassani for yelling and showing aggression.
An out of control Officer that is having a difficult time controlling his emotions under stress". how can he be trusted to handle more difficult calls??

I'm kind of supprised the Police department released the video of this incident.

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/p...cle_5e989a44-928a-11e3-b2a5-0019bb2963f4.html

Under the laws of my state, the dog would be classified as a " vicious animal at loose" and the officer was justified in shooting it after it continued it's aggressive movements towards the officer.

The officer had the right to demand identication from the dog owner after the man admitted it was his dog that the officer shot. The reason for this, as stated by the officer, was that the dog owner was in violation of the law for allowing his dog to run loose. At that point the officer needs proof of identication to issue the dog owner a ticket or to file a report of the violation. As you heard, the dog owner first refused to give his identification until the officer told him he would be arrested for obstruction of a police officer.

I feel the officer did loose his professional conduct with his yelling and obscene lanuage. That is not acceptable. I do contribute that action on the officer's part is that he may have had his adrenaline up due to a possible fear of being dog bitten. Believe it or not a good amount of persons do fear a aggressive dog far more then a man with a gun as shown by a FBI survey on felons.

It also seems that the department is working on a shoe string budget and may lack proper training for it's officers. I have a hard time accepting that they do not have a full time animal control officer to handle these type of calls.

My state, CA. will not accept any out of state police academy training as alot of states have far less training then what is required here. You can be a cop in New York for five years and if you join a Dept. in CA. you go to our academy like any new rookie has to do.
I would give that officer one day on the beach without pay for loosing his professional attitude while conversing with the dog owner. Shooting of the dog was justified and I happen to like dogs and was a K-9 officer for 9 years while assigned to patrol duties.

RELH

Not a fan of dogs at all...Even less of a fan of a lot of dog owners. I get they are part of your family but there isn't anything more annoying than a barking dog or piles of sh!t at the park your kids playing at. Dogs and sh!itty dog owners are a good part of the reason I carry concealed, especially when I'm with my kids. Good on the cop for smoking old yellers brother!

Traditional >>>------->

I wasn't there but I deal with Dogs just about every day!

That Dog was waggin his tail & didn't look like much of a Threat till the Cop decided to Kick at him!

Some Dogs like to Bark & it Scares people!

I've had to Smack a couple Dogs over the Years with a Pipe Wrench!

Once in a while I work for a Guy that Has a Dog that is a Growly SOB!

Swear to GAWD He's gonna take my leg off!

Found out the second you throw him something to eat He turns in to a Teddy Bear!

Dogs are like TARDS/people!

There's all different kinds!

You can usually tell if they're gonna bite you!

The Hair on their Back stands up!

They show you their Teeth!

And their Tail Ain't Waggin!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Mighta happened in Myton?

Last time a nearly Identical situation Happened down there the Dog Owner pulled his Gun on the Cop!

Never did hear what the Outcome of that Deal was?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I thought the same thing as elkassassin. That dog wasn't much of a threat to actually bite.

I hate dogs like that though, or I should say I hate dog owners who let their dogs do that. If I couldn't break my dog from doing that, I would kill it myself, especially if the dog runs out of the yard onto the public road or sidewalk and does it.

I won't lose much sleep over what the officer did.

Eel

elkassassin ''in myton that cop would not pull that shizz ' a myton dog would never had let him get his gun out,,,,?

I've also dealt with a ton of dogs with my work. That dog would not have bit the officer. In fact the blow hard officer inflated the situation like throwing gas on the fire with every move he made. Hes a pos!

who farted?

The only problem I have, is that he did not finish off the dog. I am a big dog lover and it really bothered me to see the video. I feel he was justified and did everything right, maybe could have made a better shot. As far as the bad language.....I could get over that real quick.

I can see why the Officer felt threatened to do what he did. That said...

I have a mobile service business where i go to peoples houses all the time. Most cases, there is at least one dog not happy to see me. In over 20 years, i've yet to be bitten other than by one tiny little yapper who was just too scared and lost his control.

IMO, those dogs were just the usual run of the mill what else is new and would not have bothered me. Dogs like that need a few minutes to get used to you, see for themselves that you are not a threat, and soon they're your best buddy, all over you to scratch their backs.

Yeah, i'd have done different. In this case, looks to me like the cop was scared and he already had a made mind or high likelihood of him shooting a dog. He definitely is not somebody i'd want to work with or have watching my back.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

A lot of cops walk around with too much fear in their minds. Maybe it is the nature of the job, but he didn't need to shoot that dog.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

If I were in the cops shoes , The outcome would have probably been the same as far as the shot dog. I may have even shot both dogs. The one thing I would not have done is apologize to anyone for shooting. And I wouldn't have been overly polite either. I don't care if it was your dog that got shot, Its your fault for not controlling him like the law say's. So if I am threatened by your dog, have to shoot it and then you have an attitude with me? Now you have a dead dog and are going to jail.

I live about 5 miles away and I know a man that lives a couple houses down from that dog. No one that lives on that street is mourning the death of that animal. If I lived on that street I would have handled it my self. Don't get me wrong the cop is a piece of crap but I heard that someone said he shot a child. That so called child was a 23 year old man that shot another man not far from my house. My wife was walking our dog when the 23 year old "child" was shooting at his ex girl friend and her new man.
The cop needs to be let go but the dog needed to die. In today's paper a man that is the brother of the former owner of this dog came out and said the dog was a piece of sh!t and his sister had to get rid of it. When the new owner took it she told them to not get it around kids he was dangerous. Then Rick Clubb the owner of the dead mutt lets it roam the streets and do what ever the dog wants. Like I said I would have shot it too. Ron

that POS cop would have had a lot different outcome if he had shot my dog. go ahead and flame me, but that dog would not have bit him, did the moron ever think of honking his horn or picking up that police radio to have the owner called to round up his dog? I have a lot of respect for our public servants but that is not even close to be a "justified shooting"... looks to me he was a scared little man with a gun just itching to use it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-14 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]>Not a fan of dogs at
>all...Even less of a fan
>of a lot of dog
>owners. I get they are
>part of your family but
>there isn't anything more annoying
>than a barking dog or
>piles of sh!t at the
>park your kids playing at.
>Dogs and sh!itty dog owners
>are a good part of
>the reason I carry concealed,
>especially when I'm with my
>kids. Good on the cop
>for smoking old yellers brother!
>
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

It would be a sad day for you and your family if you shot one of my dogs. you may not like dogs but I happen to like mine. but more importantly I have the right to protect my neighborhood..I would guarantee that you pull a gun and kill my dog, any dog, cat, ferret, chicken infront of my house and you will not like what happens next... you just fired a gun in a urban setting, how do I know your not a spree killer and my family is next??? how do I know if you did not just kill your family and looking to kill mine.. you would not hear the shot that saved my neighborhood from a serial killer with just one victim a dog etc.. do the math. I value human life above any animal. I would be using my legal right to defend mine.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Sageadvice said ".......... i've yet to be bitten other than by one tiny little yapper who was just too scared and lost his control."

Was the dog's name TOPGUN by any chance?:)

Eel

Eelgrass, lol, Topgun has no teeth but you are dead on, i could vision him doing the same thing but probablY missing. ;-) BTW, another PM from him again today. Never seen such a vulgar filthy mouth on a guy. I've asked repeatedly for him not to PM me but he keeps abusing his privileges. Is there a rule against unwanted filthy mouth PM's laced with cuss words? I'm at the point of asking for him to be kicked off this site, if that would do any good or not, he does do a ton of butt smooching whenever he can.

Guys like Idahoron, So, what are you going to do, shoot everything that might possibly harm you? Seems a bit trigger happy there guy, that and maybe abusing your position. Hard to say for sure and every situation is different but in most cases, i think putting something or someone to death should almost always be in the hands of a Judge and Jury, not a Cop who could possibly make a case for self protection.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I would have shot every dog on the place, if need be, to prevent their slowing my response to a critical situation. From what little information I gather from the video, however, there was no such urgency. The officer seems a bit high-strung to me.

You can tell that Cop has been Bit by some little Penny-Fiest Mutt & now He's Runnin SKEERED!

Don't get me Wrong!

There's been a time or two I shoulda pulled my Gun out and blowed the Mutts Head off!

I've been Bit a few times also!

As mad as you wanna get at them Mutts in the Video I see most of the Problem being the Owners!

I can relate to the officer's concern of getting bit and ending up in the emergency room. I've been there done that. I would rather confront an armed gunman than get my hand tore half off again. At least with people, the "Rules of Engagement" are clear. I think in the same situation I might have used a Taser (very effective) pepper spray and or an ASP. Then we would still debate the officer's actions. As far as the unprofessional F-Bomb goes; for hell sakes the man just fired a gun in a residential area. He's only human! I think the fact that he maintained his composer as well as he did is commendable. He's a policeman, I say give him a day off or maybe two, With Pay.

about 20 years ago the cops were breaking up a party at my house, one of the cops told me he was going to shoot my 9 month old lab, because my dog kept dropping a tennis ball at the cops feet. I have utmost respect for law enforcement but some of them are worthless POS Pigs, like the one in the video.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom