OGDEN EXTENDED ARCHERY

R

rpleish

HAS ANYONE HUNTED THE OGDEN EXTENDED? YOU ALWAYS HERE ABOUT THE WASATCH BUT WANTED SOME INFO ON THE OGDEN. HOW IS ACCESS? AND CAN YOU HUNT LOW IN THE ORCHARDS IF YOU HAVE PERMISSION? JUST HAVE A NEPHEW THAT HAS AN ARCHERY TAG THAT I WANT TO TAKE OUR A COUPLE MORE TIMES. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT.

I hunt the Ogden quite a bit probably because I live in Ogden :)

There are some good spots, but a lot of it is cliffs and country not ideal for large deer pops. There are good bucks I see every year, but there are usually a bunch of people in the good areas. Pretty much the same story with the wasatch.

Find yourself a good looking spot and glass it in November. That's pretty much how you find a good area along the front. I think there are more deer and better habitat the further South you go. Bountiful/Salt Lake area holds a ton more deer.

AWESOME THANKS MY NEPHEW IS FROM BRIGHAM SO IT WILL BE CLOSE. IF I COULD TURN UP A 2 POINT FOR HIM TO GO AFTER HE WILL BE EXCITED. THANKS AGAIN.

you have to be careful because alot of the orchards are in city limits and like in ogden you can't shoot gus or bows in city limits. chheck the local city ordinances before you try any orchard.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

THANKS I WILL CHECK RIGHT NOW, IT WILL ACTUALLY BE NORTH OGDEN DOES THAT MATTER?

I saw two points all over the Ogden last year. The mountain gets pounded from November 1st (after the rifle hunt ends) through the first snow storm. Then most hunters give up because it is super cold and windy. The terrain is super steep in most places, but you can find a buck if you put in the time and effort. I agree that glassing is the best way to find a good spot and a good buck. I saw a lot of deer last year, but I only hunted one day of the rut after the weather got cold. I glasses from one spot last year and counted over 100 does with no bucks in them about a week before it snowed. Last year I shot at a little guy on the last day I was able to hunt. The ice in my bow strings and whisker biscuit did not help, and I undershot him.

Hunt further south and you will most likely see more deer. Orchards are good, but I didn't see many deer in the Perry and Willard Orchards last year until the hunt ended and then there lived in them all winter. I guess I did see a few does but I got the idea that they were reluctant to go into the orchards during the day.

www.dillonhoyt.com

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUYS I WILL TAKE HIM DOWN THERE AND POKE AROUND FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER THE RIFLE HUNT IS OVER.

>THANKS I WILL CHECK RIGHT NOW,
>IT WILL ACTUALLY BE NORTH
>OGDEN DOES THAT MATTER?

Are you talking about the Orchard just below the Divide in North Ogden? If so, good luck.

There are quite a few guys that hunt around that orchard. Not sure why. I don't see very many bucks around that little orchard. They are usually up real high. There is a bunch of private property scattered in that North Ogden area. People get in trouble every year over that way. The land owner watches it like a hawk. Not only the orchard but above that area as well.

You would probably be better off hunting around the Brigham area. There is some good stuff over that way.

ya, you and evey other person down there wil be after the same 2 point pushing the does.remember, if you can see the deer so can everyone else and they'll be there for sure. and those orchards are within city limits so you can not hunt in there. you have to be above the power lines and the old man owns some property there as well, he'll chase ya down if your on his property.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

GOOD TO KNOW THANKS GUYS I WILL JUST HIT THE FACES ABOVE BRIGHAM. WE JUST KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO LIVE BY THE ORCHARDS, AND THEY SAID THERE ARE ALWAYS DEER THERE. I GUESS I KNOW WHY NOW. THANKS AGAIN.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom