Ogden River Moose

U

UThunting

Here is a Bull we Harvested today. The hunter is Ben Munoz from Delta Colorado. (As if we havent given them enuff Moose LOL)Ben Won this Tag at this years Sportsmans Expo With odds of 1 in 8000????? last Jan. This was the 6th day of hunting for him we seen lots of cows and calfs and a lot of small Bulls....

Congrads

4712ce0b5aa2ddfa.jpg

Nice bull!!!

Well done boys. That is a great bull and a very happy hunter. Send that bull's brother down to the Wasatch so I can have smile like his. Great success.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Very nice bull! I have a Wyoming tag. Still trying to sharpen my scoring. Did you score him? How wide? Congrats again!

Nice going Clint and Ben. Never seen one that big up there. Maybe one of these years I'll draw a tag.

This bull scored rite at 151 gross and was 46" wide we would see about 10 bulls a day but most are first or second year old bulls
Thanks

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Ut

That is a great bull!

Congrats to the hunter and to you for putting him on it UThunting!

I will take one of them 'leftover cow moose' if ya can help a brotha out! ha

Robb

that is a real nice bull for off the unit and it even has 2 brow tines even. how long are the palms they seem pretty long for the bulls on the ogden. congrats on the bull just wish it was my dad with the bull put in almost his whole life over 45+ years of draws and all unsuccessful.

Here are some more photos

4716c77b15f1ac05.jpg

4716c7ef191f9161.jpg

Here is the Moose we was after but could not find after the season opened

4716cb582d11ccb2.jpg

A side note I think Ben was getting a little worried that we might not be able to find a good bull and was Getting tired of driving around and getting up into lookout areas to sit behing optics for hours I think he is more of a Hike all day and chase them down hunter as he was in much better shape then most of the others I have taken out and much better shape then me but in the end he got a good Bull

P.S Pleasedeer if you will slow down I would love to go find a moose with you just let me know when

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Thanks Clynt--- but I will be with the 'Warden' this wknd and her rifle muley tag...

Ya know-- out in the zoo zone with the sea of blaze!ha

Robb

Congradulations on one beautiful bull moose. Very symetrical bull that is sure to give you many good hunting memories. This bull is a product of excellent management by the Utah DWR. Best moose hunting area in the U.S.

gonehuntinWY

I would agree that Utah is one of the best Moose hunts around but this unit has one BIG FLAW there is 25 tags plus a few conservation tags for this Unit.... But I would say that more then half of those people hunt the area above mantua to North Ogden Divide.. (Willard Basin North Fork Canyon) I just dont know how long that small area can keep putting out 12 to 15 bulls a year??????? There is a lot of country there but that is a hell of a lot of moose taken year after year plus the DWR is taking moose out of there almost every year to send to Colorado.
But I will say we did see lots of young Bulls out there and a couple freek Bulls so maybe I am wrong and the area can keep putting out 15+ Bulls a year, but the first year we hunted it for moose there was a lot more mature Bulls Out there...

But yes the UDWR never gets a pat on the back when they should and they have done a great job on there Moose in many units I just feel that maybe this area should be made into a separate unit so they could keep a better idea of what is taken out of there as it is the only really Big piece of public land on the Ogden River drainage.............

Well this year has been a little differnt then the last few as we did not draw a lot of the tags we put in for.. And I did not really do any guiding this fall but this moose and small buck and a nice Bull elk are all that I have been on that we left the field with Meat but the Bull elk and Bull moose have other homes then mine LOL
Here is a photo of the elk it was harvested in South east Idaho with Raw Outfitters
471cae4c6f9e1540.jpg

And here is a photo of a deer that should have came home with the wife it was also killed in south east idaho on public ground
471caeba71040753.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom