OHHH Crap... Another Moosie Post with Pictures !!!!!

M

Moosie

So I got another Mount back from my new Taxidermist... He took a Prior Mount I had of 2 common golden eyes, And added a Borrows male and Female to it.

Here is the Old mount dome by my old taxidermist :

goldeneye2.sized.jpg

And Here is the New Mount done by my new guy. He also did My 2 flying geese, and my Ram Mount I posted in my LONG post section. The Male Borrows landing is new and the water and Habitat sure dress's up the mount. I like the Female with the Feet Dangleing in the water for a 3d Effect.

ducks1.sized.jpg

ducks2.sized.jpg

ducks3.sized.jpg

ducks4.sized.jpg

ducks5.sized.jpg

ducks6.sized.jpg

ducks7.sized.jpg

He did tyhe water by hand with a piece of Glass and a liquid something or other and then used a Air Brush to detail the Ripples.....

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Way nice moosie!
I recently read that they us an airbrush on those playmate ripples too............ er a....

How often do you have to change the water on that thing to keep it fresh?

Do you ever get the urge to walk up and tickle that duck's feet just to see what it would do?

Unique mounts. First time I have seen that. Looks like he has quite the vision and the talent to boot.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

OHHHh I have the Vision.... he has the Tallent :)

I'm doing a Group Teal thing next.. I'm designing it now. It will be one Lifting off the water with water Dripping from it. Hope it comes out like I plan. I'm sure he can do it though.

Anyways, thanx for the Kudos and If anyone ever needs any thing mounted , and done right, Without paying an Arm and a leg, lemme know........

I have a pair of gadwalls we're just doing a plain mount on and some Widgeon I haven't decided yet. My goals to get a Pair of each of the local Flying Duckies. ( That's right, even Koots :) ) Funny thing is it took me 3 seasons to Finally get a Greenwing Teal and then this year I've shot about 4 mountable ones that I didn't need.......

.....at least they are all good eatin' :)

Happy Hollidays,

• [*] -Moosie

OH no, Not the guy I use.... I'm sending you to the Chitty one :) :)

Jsut kidding... yes, thats the dude. Should I ask why you're asking me that "here" ? *wink*

• [*] -Moosie

Moosie,
You ever get any Hooded Mergansers out your way? They make great mounts too. That's one of the few I haven't gotten (yet)

Steve

I'm asking you here because that's where you posted the pics. You save your best stuff for this side of the fence. Mark your calendar for the second weekend in Jan. I'm comin' through.

I love the mounts moosie thanks for sharing . I cant wait for the coot mount. lol

later , hunter cameron

Great mounts...lots of life in them, but you honestly didn't say "good eatin'" in reference to ducks right?...lol

OHHH yah, Ducks are my Favorite !!! MMMMMMM...MMMMMMMM, ..... Another *WINK* *WINK* :) (they taste a little better then Bear crap I ate one, But thats another Story I won't bother you with.... HAHA !!!! )

NUNYA, Non ya beez wax. QUACK QUACK.....

That reminds me of a Joke,

What do you get when you put 6 ducks in a Box ??!?

..a Box of "Quackers" !!! (Get it, Crackers !!! You see, there is a Box, And the Ducks are in it, And they Quack and....) BUUUah ahahah hahaha HAHAHA !!!! Hehehe !!!!... OHHH I'm funny ... *Rool eyes*

Anyways...........Moving right along,

EELgrass, Yes, Hooded mergansers are here. We've only shot one. I even Got it on film... Kind of. I was hunting a river with my buddies on the Bank and I had 6 of my 7 duck limit (this was Spring of '03 before they dropped the limit to only 5) and the 3 guys on the bank had Zippo. One of the Guys (My boss) came down to my blind and we saw a Little black spot zooming down the River (Up to us). I grabbed the video camera and he Grabbed the Gun and he shot it about 10 yards in front of us at Mock 10. It rolled through the Air and hit the Water Behind us about 15-20 yards, Boy It was MOVING !!!

Anyways, Here's a picture and He did get it mounted, It's in our office.

ducks1.sized.jpg

merganser2.sized.jpg

merganzer2.sized.jpg

More Pics can be found at my "'03 Spring ducks" Gallery :

http://www.hunttalk.com/gallery/Springduck03

Hemorrage, "You save your best stuff for this side of the fence." WHAT ? I only come here usually to Cause the "REAL" hunters a bad time. OK..OK... I do do some (HEHE I said Doodoo), funny stuff here too... but Jsut because I feel sorry for the bordom. I mean. How many how many What type of gun should I use Posts can we have (hehe, No offence to those that still don't know the 300 Win Mag is the Best all around gun for Big game and Varmints....) :)

HunterCam, the Coot mount will be cool. We just did a Hunt and got one, the Hunt was ONE of our Best, I'll put it in my waterfowl section later this week. Funny that with a Limit of 25 on those stinking things It's the First one we've ever shot :)

• [*] -Moosie

WTF is WTH, is that like CTR ;)

Why do you come here ?

You know were they are at fool, go look and say sorry when you do :) !!!!

Now go Catch me a Cat slacker, It's Snowing already !!!

• [*] -Moosie

RE: WTF is WTH, is that like CTR ;)

Those mounts look awesome. The detail your taxi puts into them is very impressive.. Thanks for the pics.
Later, Brandon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom