OIAL Bull Moose - East Canyon/Morgan Summit

Ikey15

Hey guys, I have been a long time creeper but first time user on the MM Forum here. I got a call last week from the G&F on a surrendered tag for the Bull Moose Hunt for the East Canyon/Morgan Summit Unit. I have been up there scouting over the past week and have run into a few archery guys. I am hopping on here hoping for some discussion on where some moose have been spotted, bulls and cows. Most of the unit is private, so I am trying to make the most of this!

Thanks for all your help!

Long time creeper?

I don't know anything about that unit, but thanks for your honesty and good luck on your hunt.

Haha! Yeah, always been reading the threads but never participating in the discussion... You know... Creepin' hahaha

Thanks for the well wishes on the hunt! I am stoked about the tag!

Lucky you. Head up to the towers at east canyon hike up the trail towards the south and in the next couple weeks there will be bulls all over sometimes they’ll bed in the trail at dark when you’re walking out. That sucks when they won’t move lol.

Hey guys, I have been a long time creeper but first time user on the MM Forum here. I got a call last week from the G&F on a surrendered tag for the Bull Moose Hunt for the East Canyon/Morgan Summit Unit. I have been up there scouting over the past week and have run into a few archery guys. I am hopping on here hoping for some discussion on where some moose have been spotted, bulls and cows. Most of the unit is private, so I am trying to make the most of this!

Thanks for all your help!
PM sent

Lucky you. Head up to the towers at east canyon hike up the trail towards the south and in the next couple weeks there will be bulls all over sometimes they’ll bed in the trail at dark when you’re walking out. That sucks when they won’t move lol.
Thanks for your help! I have been scouting around up in that area! I know the rut will be starting soon, so it will be interesting to see how these bulls move around.

Thanks for your help! I have been scouting around up in that area! I know the rut will be starting soon, so it will be interesting to see how these bulls move around.
I ran into a tank of a bull 2 years ago where the trail makes that hard drop into the pines. Go through them and drop to the southwest. The bull that was near by was no slouch either.

I ran into a tank of a bull 2 years ago where the trail makes that hard drop into the pines. Go through them and drop to the southwest. The bull that was near by was no slouch either.
Western, his tag is only good for the east side of that Ridge (county line) and that is all private. If he were to head SW at any point on that trail he would be in the wrong unit.

If this area covers dry bread hollow we saw a huge bull chasing cows just south of the power lines in the hallow. Called another in that area too. Both were large by utah standards.

Thank you guys for all your help! I wanted jump on and share the results of my hunt!

The night before I got this guy, I went up and some deer hunters found another bull for me. I went back the next morning after the other guy with my buddy and Brother in law. My brother in law got eyes on the original bull we wanted to go get and in the process of trying to go chase that guy, we found this guy ruttin' a cow about 350 yards out. I went down to get a better look and ended up calling him in to about 30 yards before I took him down with 1 shot! What a thrill this hunt has been! One of the other tag holders ended up shooting that other bull that I went up for initially, but I am happy with the guy I picked.

Thanks again for all your help!

IMG_8569.JPEG

FAC04152-46C5-4425-BFC6-432B04DD8E5C-43595-00000815CF93CF2C.jpg

IMG_0067.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_8565.MP4
    17.3 MB
They just don’t grow them like they used to…

Good work on a short notice tag.

Don’t be a creep anymore. Contribute and participate. Don’t just show up one day and expect to play when you’ve rode the side lines the entire time

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom