Oklahoma whitey

264Magnum

This is the whitetail that I got through pure dumb luck last year in the Panhandle. My dad wounded a good 8 point along the river at dusk, we (by which I mean I, since nobody else wanted to cross the river) tracked it until dark. I went back the next morning to start over. I had no tracks in the thick grass and there hadn't been any blood for a while. I was going off intuition, where would I go if I had a .277 cal hole in my gut kind of thing. I stepped into a clearing and was looking around for any sign when I saw this buck standing 150 or so yards away. I took a quick shot and dropped him right there. My best whitey to date. We never found the deer my dad wounded.

4585PB260009.JPG

9705PB260010.JPG

8909PB260014.JPG

I'm not a great judge of age, but I don't think he was very old. The warden that checked him commented that he'd liked to have seen him in a couple years.

And as for those bases, yeah, pretty nasty. My brother and I dragged him about 1/2 a mile and our hands were a mess when we got to the truck.

Question for you 264. If you are a local out there do you know of any proccessors near Buffalo, OK that do deer? Four of us will be hunting muzzleloader and rifle season near there in Oct. and Nov. this year. Thanks.

Nice buck.

The body on it though doesn't look much bigger than a german shepard. He does have the facial look of a young deer.

> Question for you 264. If
>you are a local out
>there do you know of
>any proccessors near Buffalo, OK
>that do deer? Four of
>us will be hunting muzzleloader
>and rifle season near there
>in Oct. and Nov. this
>year. Thanks.

Sorry but no. The processor I use is Terry's Taxidermy in Oklahoma City. Are you going to be hunting public or private land.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom