Old bino harness advantage

gznokes

Very Active Member
One thing I like about the old standard version of bino harness with stretchy bands is that when you pull them to your face, it adds some tension and really locks the glass in place. All these new versions (Kuiu, HFH, Horn Hunter Hub) don't have that. Do any of you who have the new "tensionless" systems miss this about the old style? Yes, I hate that the old stretchy versions bounce around, but I also think I would miss the way the strap holds the glass tight to my face. Am I fixated on a feature of the old system that really isn't a big deal? Does the benefit of the new systems that don't bounce outweigh the loss of the feature I'm describing?

I switched over this year and have tried the FHF, Badlands, and S4 Gear. I like it better not tight to my face. I find I can glass longer with less fatigue.

WYmoose

I find, that if I need the glass tighter to my face or to be held more steadily; I just wrap my index fingers around the brim of my hat while gripping the Binos and that provides plenty of reassurance.

?-ERock-> ?

If I need to be that steady for longer range or fine glassing it's usually time to grab my tripod.

I have the best of both. I had my old cabelas bino harness sewed onto the front of my AGC Bino chest pack. Works great.

8725agc.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom