old mount

J

JamesM

For my birthday I got a blacktail mount from my grandpa he picked up at a yard sale in southern utah (were i live). Its not in the best shape and its a ok two by three. Rough scored it at 97 in. The thing I thought was cool is it still has the original tag on the back of the mount. This buck was killed sept 20th 1952 in kern county california in the town of tehachapi mounted by wonacott bro taxidermist. I just thought it was cool how old and were it had came from and wanted to share with you all. Thanks for reading if anyone on here has heard of wonacott bro taxidermist or knows if there still around let me know thanks.

If it was taken in tehacapi I doubt its a blacktail.... Lets see some pics though.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Rough scored it at 97 in.

Is this on one side????????

Brian
2yy7c76.jpg

>That's COLD Kilo! :)
>
>97 ain't a bad score on
>a mostly blackie 3X2!
>
>Joey

Very true.

Congrats on a pretty cool birthday gift!

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

5878jeep_015.jpg

Here is a pic the reason I thought it might be a blacktail was cause it didnt have huge ears.

As for the score I may be wrong I dont know? Not sure if I taped it out right. Trying to figure out how to score them on my own. Let me know what you think it would score. Its no monter, I just thought it was cool cause of how old it is, and were it came from.

California Mule deer from the western slope have smaller bodies and ears. In some places like up north they are crossbred with blacktails. Then there is the "Inyo" or desert mule deer which is also smaller than a rocky mt mule deer. Bohuntr and others could be more helpfull, but I'm pretty sure that is'nt a blacktail.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

...at this point it is whatever you want it to be....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom