OMG Albuquerque

joesikora

Long Time Member
My GPS failed and took me through Albuquerque.
I was shocked. I remember being here as a kid with family but things have changed
I stopped at the motels and truck stop etc. the homeless were all running scams and prostitution
So I decided I'd drive down the road a ways and fine somewhere a little safer

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Yep, sounds about right. A murder or shooting happens almost daily, vehicle thefts happen by the dozens every night, robberies occur as if its a full time job, homeless surround ever interstate ramp, intersection, alley way, you name it. That's every day life in the 505. I hate it.

Can?t wait to get out.

Sad. I remember back in 1995 on a family roadtrip passing through Albuquerque. I was a runner at the time and was dropped off to take a training run down some residential streets. On the run, I ran into a large pack of aggressive loose dogs that still to this day cross my mind and give me the chills. Very timely, my parents drove up on the scene and picked me up in the RV. I always wonder if I dodged a bullet on that one, given all the horrid news stories about dog attacks that happen now and again. I do not, however, recall ANY safety concerns about the human situation at that time. People can be way worse than dogs, and it sucks that it has gone that way in so many places.

>Yep, sounds about right. A murder
>or shooting happens almost daily,
>vehicle thefts happen by the
>dozens every night, robberies occur
>as if its a full
>time job, homeless surround ever
>interstate ramp, intersection, alley way,
>you name it. That's every
>day life in the 505.
>I hate it.
>
>Can?t wait to get out.

And just wait until there are regular "brown outs" because of the misguided power plan for the state...

I live in a more rural part of the state and HATE it everytime something forces me into ABQ...it's never by choice, usually it's some bureaucratic issue, like with the VA or something like that, ug and I just dread it.

I graduated HS in California when I left for the military and after that career i retired to rural NM, but if this state keeps heading in the direction it looks like...hell, I'm likely to see another move in my future.

I had some tattoo work done in Utah and it was nice there, and have friends in Idaho...so who knows, but city life in NM...count me out.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom