? On digital camera's

6ppc

Looking to buy a new digital camera for my hunting/fishing trips. A local camera store is pushing me to get a Nikon Coolpix S8100, which has great specs in a very small package. However a friend thinks I would be better served with a Canon point and shoot as they are more durable in his opinion. Seeing all the great photo's posted on MM I'm hoping to get input from some of you here.

TIA for your replies,

Jim

I don't know about the Nikon, but I'm interested in getting the Canon SX210IS, 14.1 mp's and zoom of 14 power. But what I'm waiting for isI a camera that has a infared remote control for taking pictures with at least the feature above. Check out the Canon!

Mickey thanks for the response and camera suggestion. A local boutique camera store has the SX210IS on sale for $249. Got a chance to go look at it yesterday and compare it to the Nikon S8100, tough choice to make. You can get 14x with the Nikon as it has 4x digital feature that you can add on to the 10x optical zoom. The tech in this store claims the CMOS advanced sensor system is better than the sensor on the Canon...who knows. Sez it is the same sensor that they use on their big body cameras.

BTW, I had an infared remote that came with an Olympus camera, it was so small I kept misplacing it...didn't have much range either.

Jim

Well, just to wrap this up, I ended up getting the Nikon S8100. Before it got wrapped and put under the tree I walked around the neighborhood and took as many photos as possible using different camera modes and exposure settings...believe I will be a Happy Camper!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom