One less fawn eater...

cjg_beef

Went out for a few hours with some buddies I haven't seen in a long time. Didn't know what to expect because I've never called this time of year but we managed to call a good sized male in at about 11:00. Couldn't ask for a better Saturday.
0320001025a.jpg

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

Hey beef what call did you get him to commit to? How long did it take him to show? Was he alone? I'm waiting till may, but seeing that pic gets me pumped!! Nice dog.

cjg_beef .....Hey buddy good job, guess you got that ankle all healed up huh... Dead yotes keep'em coming!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Hey mathewsman he actually came barreling over the hill from behind us at about 3 minutes into the stand after I had just finished with some ki-yi's on one of Brian Workman's open reed calls. I usually call it quits in February because the calling slows down quite a bit. My favorite time of year is September because they usually run you over.

Awesome yote. Always wanted to go out for them but never seem to have the time to go out for just yotes.

I usually make time to go whenever possible. I think it's probably the best hunting there is. In fact when I'm elk or deer hunting I always have a call with me to help pass time during the middle of the day when animals are bedded. Nothing like a hard charging coyote coming to the call.

LAST EDITED ON May-02-10 AT 11:49PM (MST)[p]good job this time of the year can be pretty easy if there trying to feed pups i usually hunt from oct to feb then let them den up

Yeah, Riz I usually only hunt from September to February but some old buddies were in town so we went out for a few stands.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom