One more coyote down

cjg_beef

Well a friend of mine, my dad, and I decided to give it one last effort for the season since I broke my ankle back in January. Things started off not looking good with no scat or tracks on the road. But the weather was perfect! After a few hours of calling we found an area that had scat all over the road. Well we thought it was going to be good and it was other than the fact we couldn't get the coyotes to do more than howl at us from a distance. I don't think I've heard so many coyotes howl all year as I did along that 30 mile stretch of road. Turns out that some other guys we know had called the exact same stretch of road a few weeks earlier.

Well my dad was able to entice this small female in for a peak. It took almost 30 seconds for her to to 'finally' come in. I spotted her at about 100 yards and gave her a 40 grain present. Neither Rob or my dad saw her.

IMG_0177a.jpg

Anyway, even though we didn't see very many we had a great time and enjoyed good company.

Congrats on a good late season dog! I decided to hang up my calls for now. Once again congrats!

Nice effort. Haven't seen buzz around. He must have hung it up too. Always enjoy the pics. Did you try mating only sounds by chance?

HK

HKShooter... Hey there, I haven't been out in the past 2 weekends as I went down on Jan 30-31 to help some guys from Washington that I met here on MM on their OIL Oryx hunt at Rhodes Canyon WSMR. We got a nice fat 35in Bull. I have got a ton of snow in the past 3 weeks and all the ground in my hunting spots have 6-8 inches of frozen crunchy snow on them (kinda noisy). this weekend is Valentines day and I will have to make the girlfriend happy, so I hope to get out by next weekend and take advantage of the breeders, I noticed alot of guys hanging it up already but not me. How bout you HK been out lately??

Ol' Buzztail...

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.

cjg_beef ... Good job, Glad to see you are able to get out even with that busted ankle.. Keep it up!!!

Just details.

Yeah, Buzz it was nice to get some fresh air! I was going to call it quits for the season but I think I'll go out a couple more partial days. Once you get the itch it's hard to get rid of...

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-10 AT 05:17PM (MST)[p]Buzz, haven't done jack since my wolf outing. I'm jonesen to get back and find a wolf, so I'm banking up for another week in early March. Then it's spring bear. Your guys pics keep me motivated though so thanks for posting. Got any pics of the OIL kill?

HK

HK... I put a couple pics up on the New Mexico Forum they are on a thread named AUGUST ORYX HUNTS. let me know what you think of that bull. The four of us packed him out in one trip and it was over a mile from the truck. slopping through that nasty mud was a Bi@#* ! I am looking forward to spring and RATTLESNAKES! I already got a lady friend lined up for my photographer and I should get some really good pics actually catching snakes.

Ol' Buzztail

Just details.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom