One of my Beefs

Beefy,

We only have Feral horses in western Colorado. The Equine Welfare Association ought to know that there is no such thing as a wild horse. "Romantic Symbol of the West" my rear.

Bean

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-09 AT 12:52PM (MST)[p]True words spoken, Beanman. There are some horses in Southern Utah that are part of the original Spanish horses(the Sulphur herd), but any we have up around in this area are not truly wild horses. There are 2 areas in this part of Utah in which "wild horses" are managed by the BLM but they will be gone soon. They will do away with them...adopt the horses out...and will not manage for wild horses anymore. All other horses you see in the area, especially the ones in the Glen Bench area of Uintah County, are feral horses. They are a county animal control problem that will probably never be taken care of. And as economic times get tough you see these herds mysteriously grow as different breeds and colors are magically added in. New crop of colts? I don't think so!

This is my biggest "beef"!

Stroll.jpg

Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-09 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]Feral horses piss me off! I love my saddle horses, but I truly believe in area's (esp. WY and NV) they need to be rounded up once and for all, the ones they cant catch need to be shot.They really are a serious problem for native wildlife, parts of the Jackson mountains, Pine Forrest range and all of the Sheldon antelope refuge are in serious trouble with burro's and horses, its sad to see really.

You're full of bullsh*t, PB! LOL

Wild horses are hell on the local wildlife habitat, aren't they? I don't love em'.

TK, you should talk to Roy. He got all upset with me a few years ago when I suggested that the horses should be eradicated from the Book Cliffs!

I still don't think they should be eradicated completely, managed and controlled yes, but not eradicated.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I had a wild horse when I was in High School that we got from Nevada. It was as worthless as Obamas Nobel Peace Prize. They should dramatically reduce their numbers and keep them in check just like game. Like said before, they are hell on the countryside.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Feral horses and feral hogs would be eradicated from the face of the earth if it were in my power.(Feral burros too while we're at it.)

God didn't put 'em there so the world wouldn't miss 'em IMO.

As it stands now the BLM is forced to run a selective breeding program for feral horses. They round up a few of them every couple of years and 'adopt' out the few that are retrainable, turn loose the decent breeding stock, and truck the poor genetics to holding pens where they are fed for life on the taxpayers dollars. Real smart. Real wild horses.

Bean

Serious problem in Nevada and South Utah. They really need to put a bounty on the horses. I don't advocate exterminating any critter but these horses do alot of damage and they are not native.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom