One Proud Father.......................

S

Slide

I applied my 9yr old son for the California Youth Pheasant Hunt at the local Wildlife Refuge. He was successful in drawing one of the hunts, the hunt was this last Saturday. First I must say how impressed I was with the entire thing, they did a great job and really made the day all aobut the children. We thanked all the volunteers especially the gentlman and his dog who assisted my son on his first pheasant hunt. I'm so PROUD of my son, he was allowed two rooosters that was the limit as well as the law. Not only was my son extremly safe and responsible but he harvested two roosters with two shots. He dumped the first bird right off the bat then we moved on and the next bird got up and my son dropped him. I was so PROUD of him, I cannot put it into words. Not only for his shooting but also the saftey, appreciation and respect he displayed. I know there are other fathers out there who know what I'm talking about, but you have to understand this is all new to me. He is my oldest so this is my first time experiencing all this and I must say WOW what a thrill. I love to hunt but watching him is better then anything I have ever done in the woods. To make things even better my father was along to watch his Grandson take his first pheasants. So far my son has taken a Turkey, 2 doves, a grouse and now 2 pheasants. We are currently working on Quail, Ducks, Geese and Snipe. The best part is my youngest son is next, hopefully I can get him out there in a couple of years as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I cannot express the pride I feel inside toward my boys.

Slide

Nice, Very Nice!!

Some day that boy just may swing by in his own rig to pick you up, take the old man hunting! Full circle!

Joey

Thanks Guys, I really appreicate your responses. Yes, I hope one day him and his lil brother will swing by and still want dad to go with them. I know I still take my dad, in fact he is my only hunting partner well other than my boy's.

Slide

I know what you mean about the safety thing. It's funny how kids REALLY pay attention to the details that we've explained to them. I brought the BB gun out today for the kids (no school) and my 7 year old son was so cautious about not taking the safety off until he was steady, comfortable and had the crosshairs steady on the target. My 9 year old daughter would mention other things one should not do when shooting or carrying a gun. It was crackin' me up. Gotta be proud of that boy, Slide! My daughter turns 12 in May and the first thing I'm doing is takin' her on a pig hunt. I'm more excited than she is.

Steve

Good stuff you guys. Did my son and daughter on the youth duck and pheasant hunts. Now I'm introducing my girlfriend's son, what a blast. She's into big game herself. I couldn't be happier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom