only have $1000, what binos to get?

T

Tsessions

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-09 AT 11:11PM (MST)[p]If you only had a $1000 to spend what binos would you get?

Zen Ray 8x43 ED2's $420 or 8x43 ED $376. I just took a chance on them and have had them less than a week...awesome glass for the price!! Color quality is incredible, soak in a ton of light at dark or in the morning, more crisp than anything I've used in the past, they're EASILY as good as my friends Euros, and they come with a lifetime waranty...why pay a grand if you don't have to??

~Z~

my leica's 10x42 ba and binos straps...intrested?
ya buy those china crap!!!!
as good as euros?.....are you cocked eyed, crossed eyed, blind, took a sharp stick in the eye, use barrterie acid as eye drops?
had your eye glued shut?
buy the best you'll always be happy.......

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

lol Rack you never stop crackin me up :) but yes EASILY as good as Euros...but I'd imagine your Leica's are better and probably worth that price :)

~Z~

C'mon, RACKMASTER, get with the program! Everyone knows that all you're paying for with Leica, Zeiss, and Swarovski is bragging rights! The fact your grandkids will be using them long after you're worm food don't mean squat either!

When you purchase an "alpha" glass you do get a lot more than bragging rights... My twenty plus year old Leica's have served me perfectly on many hunts in the past and are ready for this years adventures. Parts and service are available if ever necessary. Try that with the latest "Wonder Glass" from the orient... A lifetime or full replacement warranty doesn't mean anything when you are on a hunt and they fail you... Buy the best you can afford, you won't be sorry! NJS

my leica 10x42 ba trinovid's can kick woodruff 10x42 slc's a$$!
just kidding both are 1500.00 new and are the best..I also have swarovski's 10x50's slc and swar hd spotter also....think about used you'll save a bunch and no worries...
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-09 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]A guy can get a brand new pair of 8X30 SLC Swaro's for less than that $899.00 and they are pretty great glass not the equal of the 10X42 SLC but they are lighter and clear as a bell. I'll throw out 2 others for you Minox HG 10X42 are a great glass for the money at a little less than a grand $950.00 +/- and Kowa makes a good bino in their BD series in a 10X42 that are priced around $600.00. I doubt that you would be disappointed with any of these. You most likely haven't heard of KOWA but they make some great spotting scopes and have been in business for more than 20 years if memory serves. Just a couple of options within your budget.

I have Swarovskis. I have Leicas. I have Zen Rays.

If I were you, I'd get the Zen Ray ED2's. $420. Try them out for a few weeks, and if you don't like them, return them and get your money back. Easy as that. They have a 30 day "try them out" policy. I'll bet you a silver dollar you keep them. They also have a lifetime warranty, even better than what the Euros usually offer.

If you want to spend more money, you can, but you don't have to.

hello ...MADE IN CHINA!!!
WOULD YOU SHOOT A CHINA MADE RIFLE? PUT A MADE IN CHINA SCOPE ON YOUR RIFLE? SHOOT AMMO MADE IN CHINA?..WEAR CONDOM'S MADE IN CHINA!
HECK NO!!!
HOW COME NO VORTEX RAZOR HD FOLK RUNG IN?
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I scored on a pair of Barska 8X42 Rubber armored binoculars from Big 5 for $29.99 Regularly $89.99

Get these and save $970.

Seriously, Rackmaster was in the right in suggesting the Vortex Razor 10X42's. I have personaly looked through the swaros and the razors on a tripod at first light and can honestly tell you that the clarity is the same but you're gonna give up about 3-5 minutes of light with the razors. They're an up and coming glass company and i believe that this glass is the best glass for the money. Shop around, you can find them for about $800 bucks.

If from UT, I'd keep my eyes on KSL.com for a good pair of used Swaro SLCs, Leicas, or Zeiss. Cabela's store has some good deals on used binocs in their bargain cave too. I'd be wary of ebay for fear of grey market, warranty issues. I'd much rather take some used 42mm or 50mm glass over new 30mm/32mm.

If anyone in Utah is in the market for new binos, Cabela's currently has their 10x42 Euro's (Meopta) on sale for $699.99 (Lehi, Utah store only). Combine that with their current promo where they're offering a $150.00 "cash card" with purchase of $500.00 or more, and you'd be in to them $550.00 net. Great glass for the money!

Awesome!! Awesome!! Awesome!!, thank you for all the adivce.

I did go to Bass Pro Shops here in Las Vegas and tried many different pairs of Binos and the one that felt the best are the Zeiss Conquest 12x42, what is your take on those? Just a little more than my budget $1099.00

I would go with the 10x50 Razors, great glass and the best warranty in the business, if you could I would spend for the Kaibabs

>my leica's 10x42 ba and binos
>straps...intrested?
>ya buy those china crap!!!!
>as good as euros?.....are you cocked
>eyed, crossed eyed, blind, took
>a sharp stick in the
>eye, use barrterie acid
>as eye drops?
>had your eye glued shut?
>buy the best you'll always be
>happy.......
>
>
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

>
>rackmaster

Funny the BS you spout without even looking at the Zen Ray ED or EDII. I've had the pleasure to look through both the Leicas and the Zen Rays. Sorry the ZR ED blows the Leicas away. The best between The Leica and the ZR IS the ZR.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

>Awesome!! Awesome!! Awesome!!, thank you for
>all the adivce.
>
>I did go to Bass Pro
>Shops here in Las Vegas
>and tried many different pairs
>of Binos and the one
>that felt the best are
>the Zeiss Conquest 12x42, what
>is your take on those?
>Just a little more than
>my budget $1099.00

My take on those is that you better be carrying a tripod with those 12 X. 10 X is tough enough to hand hold and be able to let your eyes resolve the view. If you plan on glassing most of the time with a tripod thats one thing, but if you plan to hang those around your neck 10 x is the most power you should hand hold. Yes 12 x magnifies your subject more but it also magnifies your movement. That in turn will give you some pretty bad eye fatigue.

Personally I use 8 X.

I am biased as I have Swaro 8x30 slc(carry), 15x56(tripod), and 65mm HD spotter. All have excellent glass, great ergonomics, and the best customer service and reputation in the business. The only knock is that he 8x30's don't have a way to put on a tripod, and EVERY binocular is more useful on a tripod. I think that Leica and Zeiss share the same or even slightly better glass depending on model, but more importantly have proven over time to be quality and reliable with good customer service behind them. It will be years before Vortex or any of these lesser brands can provide the sense of "security" one has going into the field with the big 3. I suggest a 8x42or50 or 10x42or50 SLC, which can be used on a tripod, has great low light ability and not too big to be used around your neck and can be found for around your price new and definetely used.

One might want to know the method(s) of hunting, quarry, terrain(s) before making a blind recommendation.

Don't forget about Meopta. Awesome glass and proven extremely tough. The Zen ED2's offer the best view in history @ $400.

Just wnated to say thank you to everyone, for their ideas

Well here is the update, I popped and got the Sawaroski EL 10x42, I spent twice a much as I wanted too. I used $1300 cash and the rest went on my Bass pro Card at no interest no payments for one year so If I pay of the $800 in one year then I am good. that comes to about $75 a month, I can afford that.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-09 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]I was just going to post that Doug at Cameraland listed a 10x42 Zeiss Victory T* FL for $999.99 this morning, but it looks like you made a purchase. Anyone else in the market, that Zeiss is a steal!

Edited to ask, you paid $2,100.00 for EL's? Are they the "HD" version?

10x FL's @ $1000???......a hellacious deal. I'd return those EL's and jump on that Zeiss. You won't find a better glass anywhere by anybody, period.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom