Only in Utah

antlerhound

I stopped by the gas station this morning on my way to work for a little caffeine for my commute. As I'm leaving I see two guys in all their hunting gear heading into the gas station, jealous that I'm on my way to work and their going hunting I ask them where their headed and what they are hunting. As I'm asking the question I notice an orange jacket and a rifle in the back seat of the truck?. This got me really curious because the muzzy deer hunt is going and it does not require hunter orange(Utah)?.. anyway he says he has an over the counter Any bull tag and that they are heading out to shoot an elk. I said I hate to be the bearer of bad news buddy but that hunt doesn't start until Oct 6. He tried to argue with me that it started yesterday Oct 1. So I said let's look at your tag and see what it says?. The poor guy about crapped his pants when I showed him the hunt dates on his tag. Then he says ? it's a good thing I didn't shoot one yesterday???. Seriously? How does this happen?

You can find idiots like that in any state. We certain do not have a monopoly on them in Utah.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>You can find idiots like that
>in any state. We
>certain do not have a
>monopoly on them in Utah.
>
>
>Hawkeye
>
>Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
>Winchester Apex .50 Cal
>Mathews Drenalin LD

Agreed!!

"Only in Utah"???????????

Really? You need to get out more!

I agree that the guy is an idiot but I once hunted an area that was a 5 day season and it was day 6. I wondered all day why there were no people (lucky the warden wasn't there either). It wasn't until I got home and through discussing the hunt with a friend, was informed it closed early. I guess this makes me a Utah idiot too.

Thanks for the funny report. I'll bet those guys about crapped when you set them straight!

Zeke

I am going to add to the ration of crap about implying this could only happen in Utah.

I am sick of hearing the term "utard" or all of the other crap about Utah that you see on all the other forums, not just this one.

If you don't like being in Utah go somewhere else. There are 49 other ones to choose from. Have a good time.

>I am going to add to
>the ration of crap about
>implying this could only happen
>in Utah.
>
>I am sick of hearing the
>term "utard" or all of
>the other crap about Utah
>that you see on all
>the other forums, not just
>this one.
>
>If you don't like being in
>Utah go somewhere else. There
>are 49 other ones to
>choose from. Have a
>good time.

Been a proud utahn all my 40 years! Relax! I was just relaying an experience I had this morning! Not trying to ruffle any feathers!

must have been a heck of a road hunt without every tard on the mountain to compete with. Makes you wonder how he didnt kill anything.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

The world is full of idiots. We all see our fair share.

Between all the anglers I've come across that can't identify the fish they're keeping illegally to the guys that can't read maps and are hunting in the wrong units I get the feeling that it's no wonder we can't make any progress is re-establishing our native wildlife.

The worst is all the hypie-tree-humpers who think they are the true conservationists but can't tell the difference between a deer and an elk or their a$$ and a hole in the ground.

This story reminds me once of a couple years ago when I had a buck bull combo tag. I was hunting an area where I could see elk down in a steep,nasty canyon but all I was seeing was spikes at about 800 yards away. But at the same time I was seeing a couple decent bucks that were 25-28 inches wide 4x4's that were within about 500 yards and more accessible. So my focus was on the two bucks. I never ended up going after any elk but put my focus was on the two good bucks. I was never able to seal the deal with a good buck but on the last day of the hunt I got tempted by a small 2 point buck about 20 yards off the road. I wasn't going to at first but with it looking too easy and I was by myself and I knew I could literley kick him once and he'd be down to the road. I ended up shooting the buck and while putting him on my 4wheeler, a couple guys showed up acting all cocky reminded me that it was elk hunting season. So I thought I'd mess with them and said. "this isn't an elk?" and their eyes about popped out of their heads after I asked the question. I reminded them that there are people who drew combo tags and they then began relaxing and tried to be nice. Just a couple hunters making retarded assumptions. But I'll never forget the look on there faces when i asked about it being an elk.
Enjoy.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife, and the conservation of all our natural resources, are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall be exploited by the few against the interests of the majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural resources for the public as a whole, for the average man and the average woman who make up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of means."

My wife drew a Moose tag in Idaho a few years back. It was Aug 3rd through October 31 or something like that. While hunting in mid September, an archery elk hunter from out of state about jumped out of his skin when he saw her hiking over the hill with a rifle. He began to lecture us on her illegal activity. Even after informing him that she had a Moose tag, he could NOT believe it was legal to have a rifle on the mountain while he was archery hunting. I assured him that it was unlikely any of the 5 moose hunters would accidentally shoot him, and went on our way. He was pretty wound up!

A few friends and I have been watching a Tard muzzleoader hunter road hunting on a gravel road near my home. It is clearly private, properly posted property (cultivated hay and grain fields). One evening, one person points out that ALL the surrounding land is private and posted. The next morning another person talks to them and they admit they are hunting, but are planning to not trespass by simply shooting a buck on the road, between the two properties! How dumb are some people???

Wow. Makes ya wonder how many animals have been shot before or after the legal season by people not intentionally poaching.

All the ignorant people out there that violate the hunting laws, poaching, etc. and now we gotta deal with the wolves. Goodbye wildlife...

I've lost track of how many people I've straightened out about the any bull tags. Most of the time it's people that are new to hunting or have only hunted deer. Several have thought they can hunt state wide and shoot any bull they see. Including limited entry areas. One guy said why would anyone buy a spike tag and limit yourself to just a spike when they still have plenty of any bull tags for sale. I have no doubt that if I hadn't got involved these idiots would have shot big bulls on limited entry areas instead of a spike.

Reminds me of two years ago on Yellowstone Lake. Every single Cutthroat caught there is to be released immediately back to the water. Barbless hooks. You name it. I walk up to start fishing and some goon had a stringer of gorgeous red bellied spawn color Cutthroats. Every one of them was floating belly up. The guy was just fishing away. I refrained from choking him and asked him if he knew there was a limit of ZERO Cutts. He said he knew that but that these were Brown Trout. These fish were as far from Browns as they get...not to mention Yellowstone Lake doesn't have Browns. We had a brief "discussion" and then he packed up and took the full stringer with him. Some bone heads out there. Heck, every year we lose moose to guys with elk tags! These guys are the reason I wear plenty of hunter orange!

>roy '??

HA HA! Nope! Sorry elkun - made sure I didn't even get into town until the day before. My tag says 10/6! It is going to be a great archery deer hunt in the Books for me!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom