Open campgrounds in SNF?

K

KRasmussen

I am curious if anyone knows if the campgrounds in the D8 and X10 areas are open? I am looking in particular at Troy Meadows and Fish Creek. Has anyone been up in that area since the gov't shut things down?

Alder and Cedar creek camp grounds are closed......but, the forest is not.....so camp where ever you want.

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

ALL of the campgrounds are closed. A NF worker tried to run me out of the forest all together. He said the forest was closed and "we were not allowed in the forest." I told him to pound sand and to get a real job. He then said he would have the sheriff come arrest me for trespassing. Trespassing on PUBLIC land, like that would ever stand up in court. He finally gave up and went clean the bathrooms that are not being used.

lol.....nice. Nothing more arrogant and disgusting than a federal thug.....

well handled....

I was up in that area & camped on the 30th & 31st 18 degrees over night low then, not many people around, BLACKROCK station was closed. We camped @ fish creek overflow, free.

Not trying to upset anybody here but why the heck does a person need to camp in a campground?

I've been camping all over the north state for more years than i want to add up and can only count on one hand the times that i camped in a campground, even fewer where i had to pay, and between them, those were some of the worst experiences of the lot.

I generally don't mind one or two other small groups nearby but generally, i prefer a spot near trout water and to be the only one around. Everything is better when you don't have others dogs yapping, loud music, or string ropes strung up to mark others, "their" territory.

Screw those "campsites", me and mine don't want nothing to do with them.

Now, i guess if you got one of them big motorhomes or a woman along that get fussy about where she does her business, maybe that's another thing. Camping though, especially hunting and camping...just seems weird to me to be putting in for the night in some outdoor city.

Most of the time while out hunting or on a adventure, i camp right near where i end up the day or i may drive a bit to visit one of the dozens of great spots i've found thru the years.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom