Open letter to Utah sportsmen from Jim Karpowitz

C

Cory

Jim Karpowitz, the DWR director, has written an open letter to Utah sportsmen. He's asked me to post it here on Monster Muleys and on other forums. It's a little long, so I've posted it on the DWR website and created a link to it.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/dwr/2011-deer-changes/director-message.html

Over the past few weeks, we've read through some good public discussions on this forum, gotten lots of phone calls, and received hundreds of e-mails about deer and wildlife management concerns. As most of you know, we just finished a round of RAC meetings, and next week there will be Utah Wildlife Board meetings where important decisions will be made regarding Utah deer hunting. Public input is very important, and Jim wants to make sure that many of the issues and concerns that have been brought up here and elsewhere are properly addressed.

------------

Cory Maylett
Communication Program Coordinator
Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

Are you kidding me!!!!!! How many of you fellow MM lovers believe that if Option 1 would have won out at the RACS this horseshit letter and meeting would be taking place!!!!! The DWR is unbelievable! The numbers they put out are not a joke they are down right scary. Look what the model has done on the Parker pronghorn and Fishlake elk herds! We should not be lobbying for a deer plan, we should be lobbying for new leadership in the DWR. I ask any of you that have worker for a living how long a clown like this keeps their job? If you can't get it right then find someone that can! A job is about performance not effort!!! Get it done or get out of the way. If the team is bad the coach should fix it. If you feel the players are good replace the coach! If an accountant was this bad with numbers would you hire them or keep them employed? All you option 2 haters please speak up! Tells us all you support a plan put together by these under performing state employees. I'm sorry but if I was wrong at my job this often I would seachering for a new job... often!

I know I may sound harsh but these are MINE and YOUR deer! The DWR is failing at managing them! If you were failing at you job would you send out an open letter to everyone telling them you are trying and want to get together and
discuss it. Especially if there had just been 5 meetings in which the majority had just told you they did not like your idea and would like you to pursue the
agreeded upon option? How well would that go over? This option thing is really
doing one thing and that is showing us how misguided we have been by the
DWR! Just ask yourself this, what else has the DWR been dishonest and wrong about? Ok I' m done ranting and everybody can fire away! I'm sure some may
think I'm out of line and that is fine!

There are not enough deer in Utah...FOR REAL.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom