Opening day bruiser

teamhoyt

My partner killed this bruin on opening day. the hunt was spot and stalk and this is his first bear. 6'4" nose to base of tail. 450 lbs. 21" skull.

9640chris_bear.jpg

Congrats to the hunter. Very nice. Where was he hunting? No drainages, just south, middle or far north?

Great looking bear. Looks like he made his home in some thick, nasty underbrush. Congrats on a beautiful trophy.

Eldorado

That's a nice looking Bear. I wonder what he would weighted in the fall.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

this bear was killed in south central Wyoming. There was alot of snow and we hunted off the snowmobiles. There were only a few places that had bare ground with grass coming up, thats almost as good as bait!

Looks like a fine bear. Congratulations.

I know I'm probably going to hear it from someone for asking, but how do you know it weighed 450 pounds? Did you weigh it? Not trying to start a fight, but those are some mighty big numbers being thrown around in the original post (21", 450 pounds.

Be interesting to see what it officially scores in 60 days.

9037copy_of_img_0023.jpg

I do have to agree those numbers seem very high. Here is a picture of the bear i killed last year. He officially scored 20 2/8" and weighed in at 420. I did weigh him. I guess it is hard for me to see this bear being that much bigger then mine, but i could mistaken for sure.

Ya, it looks like a young bear, Trayball yours looks like a nice older bear, what did the game and fish say about his age?

LAST EDITED ON May-13-11 AT 09:25AM (MST)[p]Here's an aprox. 350 lbs. boar with a nice block head. He scored 19 5/16 after the drying period. I with I could have posed him better, but he came to rest on a steep slope...the log behind him is actually to prevent him from sliding away. The head and hide weighed 91 lbs.

Bear1.jpg

So good to see the MM Police awake and doing their jobs.

Nice bears, all of them. From one photo on a computer I won't judge them, just say congratulations to each of you guys on killing whatever the heck made you happy.

This site is going downhill too fast. So lame, arguing over the weight of a bear- from a nose on photo of all things.

39 year old hunter- "My buck scored 143 3/8!"
44 year old hunter- "Well mine scored 152 1/8!"
"Yeah, but mine had 14 6/8 of mass and 1 1/8 eye-guards."
"Huh, well mine weighed more than yours!"
"But I killed mine at 553 yards!"
blah, blah, blah, blah

Alright all knowledgable one how big was this guy?

3870fam129.jpg

Kind of a dumb pose I know, but it was just a goofy one taken at the time.

But a similiar type of pic, head on etc.

I don't know the weight, but he was too big for 3 of us to move anywhere. Pelt was 7' 2" nose to base of tail, and skull was 20 5/8" officially scored, but not entered in the books cause well part of the skull was damaged by an over excited dad.

My point is the picture can be decieving, don't ball someone out. I would trust them when they claim their facts.

the skull has been boiled it measures 20 14/16. I don't know on the weight. that is what the taxidermist guessed it at. I do know it was a pain to move with the 2 of us. Its a helava bear for the guys first or 50th for that matter!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom