opening day buck picture

• Thread starter 231nontypicalmuledeer
  • Start date

231nontypicalmuledeer

I shot it at 32 ydrs, out of the same bed as the big buck I shot two years ago. the extra brow tine is a 3rd horn growing, it has a burr all the way around it, but the burr grew into the burr on the main beam! as you can see I didnt give the "thumbs up" for the contest, but I was born with no thumbs so I couldnt. ha ha ha
cmstrong9203.jpg

Congrats! He's a beauty. Hope I can find one this year at least half that size! Thanks for the pic.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-03 AT 01:09PM (MST)[p]Beautiful buck! What state did you get him in?

That is neet that they were both in the same bed. I bet I know were you are hunting next year. :)

way to go! what a beauty! that thing has a huge body! what does he score right now?

you weren't kidding about the thumbs, were you? that makes the two monsters you've shown us here even better.

berto

I was kidding about the thumbs!, I havent put a tape on it yet, Im guessing around the 165-170 mark. anyone wanting to put there guess in before I measure it????

I have scored him, but I need a few more guess's so we can see who is good at feild judging bucks!!!

Okay, I throw a guess out. 175. He looks like he has decent mainbeam length. His forks are shallow but not enough to push him down into the 160 class.

Are we talking net typical, or you want a gross non/typi w/ that extra whatever the heck you wanna call it added in there???LOL Great buck regardless.

I'm coming up w/ about 174-5 gross typical, add in that extra, and he's right around 179. Probably nets 166 or so...

OSOK,
How many times do we have to go over this net vs gross issue? LOL! My guess was Gross. I didn't even take in account that extra point. I know that if we follow the official rules the buck can't be scored. What a joke that is ain't it?

Hey 231, if you want to see more guesses you should post a picture of this bad boy in the Mule Deer Forum. That should get a few more replys.

NvrEnuf

28 1/2 outside 177 gross Nice buck I really like the fact you got his daddy out the same bed. That really show you that if you kill a good buck in a certain area, another will move into the same area for the same reasons the first one did. That is a really nice buck. GOOD JOB

here are the scores

172 gross typ
166 net typ
163 1/2 final
thanks for the comments! as I said in the mule deer forum , Im getting ready to post some more photos of my collection, matching catus buck sheds, a buck with 10 inch bases, and a record book spike!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom