Opening Day Roll Call???

rugarm77

Here in Utah archery season for elk and deer opens on August 15th. That will be my first hunt.

When is your first hunt and when?? Weapon??

My first hunt this year will be archery whitetails at home :)

"Now we come to the most important pre-season question. Do you just want to go elk hunting, or do you want to bring one back? If you desire the latter, there is no substitute for hard work. The bigger your goal, the harder the work required to get there. Good luck!" - Cameron R. Hanes

Leaving on August 27th to be hunting on the opener of the 28th for deer and elk here in Oregon.

MY first hunt of the year was A zone July 11th for blacktails in Calif.August 15th B zone opens here & I will hunt for 5 days,then I will go to Colorado for 9 days for deer & elk on the 2 of Sept.

This is all good news. Some of you boys were starting to get onery with wait.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

One thing that will be nice is that this sight is going to get hot again. Seems the summer blues get the test a little hot.

All that can be cooled off with some great hunting stories and pictures. Fall is a great time to get out and have some fun.

I wish everyone great luck this year.

Now lets keep this thread going!!!!!!!!!!

Cali A zone rifle starts this coming Saturday. A 20+ year tradition with a small group of friends. Lots of horseshoes, camping and SOME hunting. Its usually so hot this time of year, that its hard to get to excited. The season is about 5 weeks long the and the hunter only gets better when it cools off.

BRITISH COLUMBIA OPENS SEPT. 10TH WHERE I'M GOING....ELK,MD,WT,BLACK BEAR, & WOLF....ARE ON THE MENU FOR US....BACK IN ON HORSEBACK FOR A FEW MILES TO HUNT FOR A WEEK.........YD.

My first hunt won't be until Sept 19th in Cali's C zones. I'll try an pull a decent cross buck from here hunting 3-4 day trips until Oct 9th when i leave for a LE Antelope and LE Mule deer hunt that goes until the end of the month.

Looks like a banner year as far as hunting goes. We'll see how the taking is. Looking for pretty darn good animals and much looking forward to the hunts!

Joey

My AZ elk hunt starts Sept. 25th. But I'll be in TX at the end of this month trying to plug a big ol fallow buck and sika buck with my muzzleloader.

------------------
DRSS Chapuis 470NE
SCI
DSC
WSF
QU
NRA

X9B in Ca on Sept 19th.

Colorado deer on Oct 31st.

NM deer on Nov 15th

I'll be out with a Tule elk archery hunter on Saturday and a couple more before my own hunts start.

It's all good!

good luck guys...and you sissy bow hunters (who pack a "back up gun") in Utah remember after you shoot that buck to push a arrow though that bullet hole and leave the hide on him till to get home and hang him in the garage so no one can see...and i you in a hurry to get out of that spot because your not suppose to be there you'll pull the velvet off!
THIS IS HUMOR AND IF IT PISSES YOU OFF..wellyou just might be a po....er...

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Archery antelope season opens Aug 15th, and I'll be out that weekend. Sheep season - rifle - opens September 1. And Colorado muzz season opens September 12. Will be a busy month, but I hope a memorable one.

My archery opening day starts on Sept. 1 for Whitetails, mule deer and prognhorn. I will be able to hunt them with any weapon going all the way through to the early part of December. Archery is sept 1 to Oct 31 for for whitetail mule deer and Pronhorn. Muzzleloader is Oct 1-31 for mule deer and whitetail and Sept 20-Oct 20 for pronghorn. Rifle is Nov 1- 14 for mule deer and Oct 20- Nov 14 for proghorn and Nov 15-Dec 7 for whitetail. I hope to be done in Setember for them all with the bow but that is asking a lot with the time I will have to hunt.

Sept 12 Colorado Statewide muzzle loader bull.
Nov 6 Arizona 13 B.
Not a bad year. Oh yeah Nov 28 Santa Barbara County deer Muzzle loader.
Gary

General Season Any Bull Elk UTAH on October 3rd. San Juan, Montezuma boundary. going to need a little luck on my side.

August 15 for my wife and I and Speed Goat for her in Sept. No out of state tags this year.

Aug 30 Muley/Whitetail
Oct 10-Dec Whittail
Need a little luck for extra Muley/Bull tag

Well now that all depends on how you devine first. The first hunt that I could go on is Augest 15 (Utah Archery deer), the first hunt that I will be on is my wives antelope hunt Sept 12(Fishlake Plataue), my first hunt that I'll be on is Otc. 3 (Utah spike Elk hunt). Dang that's a long way off.

400bull

September 1 Start of dove season. I want to try out a few of the Eurasian doves that are becoming common in western Colorado. They look like B-52's compared to the Mourning Dove.

Bean

Aug 15, utah archery antelope.

Did some scouting this morning . . . its looking good!!!

Aug 15th, Utah Central archery, Hunter's Choice Elk.
Oct 4th, Strawberry Elk cow tag.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Nevada archery mule deer opens August 1st and I'm already hunting. Just got back from five days on the mountain. Saw lots of 4x4's some pushing 24" wide but not what I'm looking for. So far the deer are winning. Going back out on the 8th for 2 weeks. Yeehaw! fatrooster.

Not hunting the bowhunting opener because I'm hunting the rifle hunt with my daughter. I will however be hauling elk & deer out on the Wasatch for my brothers camp on the opener. Almost just as good. Then it's non stop for us until the first week in November.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

>September 1 Start of
>dove season. I want
>to try out a few
>of the Eurasian doves that
>are becoming common in western
>Colorado. They look like
>B-52's compared to the Mourning
>Dove.
>
>Bean

We have been getting more of the Eurasian dove here in So. Cal and your right they are bigger than the mourning dove and much prettier. Last year was a stellar opener here, Lot's of Whitewings, Eurasians, and Mourning dove, I think a blind person would have limited in a few minutes opening morning. Sept 1 will be my first hunt and I am hoping we have a shoot like last year.

Jim

Hopping on Delta Flight #1442 at 8:05 AM 8/31, 23 days, 14 hrs and 33 minutes from now for the beginning of another elk adventure in So. Utah. But I don't dwell on it........

Its been a long wait!

SASKATCHEWAN...

Sept. 18th Antelope archery 2 days/muzzleloader 3 days
Sept. 18th Archery Mule deer
Oct. 1st Muzzle loader Whitetail

Sick of shooting gophers, need that big game heart pump!

Don't die dreaming
DIE TRYING!

I pulled a Halloween Buck Mule Deer tag and a Thanksgiving Bull Elk tag here in my home state of AZ

I am going to be at Yellowstone all this week and won't get back until Saturday afternoon. I just got married two months ago and this is her family reunion. So my hunt starts August 15th in Northern Utah for elk and Southern Utah for deer. I will be hunting Spike Elk on the Cache units and if I make it to Southern Utah I will be hunting deer down there before the 2nd of September. However, do to school and work I believe that I will be hunting archery deer up here Starting September 2 because I won't have time to go south. My goal is to focus on getting an elk with my bow for practice for when I get my LE tag.

Hopefully I will get something good next year.

I have 8 bonus points for elk, 6 for mountain goat, and a deer preference point.

Good luck to all. Archery deer and elk starts in about 10 hours. I am headed to the Wasatch Front. Have fun and be safe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom