Opinions/ Sightron SII spotting scope

Moosestock

Anyone have any experience or opinions on the Sightron SII series of spotting scopes? They seem to be a mid range price scope and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions. I know all the Big $$$ scopes are better but with a shorter budget I was wondering how they compare to the other same range scopes. Thanks for your input.............Les

Moosetock,
I purchased one several months ago after looking through it and comparing it to my Vortexes. I think the quality of the glass was better than the Vortexes which have been considered a great value for the $. The Sightron rifle scopes have always been held in high regard by those who owned them. I think their weak spot is their eyepieces... flip down rubber and not as fancy as others. The quality of the glass and the 80mm lens in a compact package is what sold me on the scope. I used it on an antelope hunt in Wyoming last week and was very pleased. CAL Ranch stores have them on closeout for ~$130 if you have any in your area!
Good Luck!
PS. I sold both of my Vortexes!

I have vortex fury 10x42 binocs and I have been very happy with their quality but I have been dissapointed with the Stokes Sandpiper (Vortex)Spotting scope I have. My son just recently ordered the sightron and we haven't had the chance to compare them yet. I really appreciate your input and hope to get some more from others. Thanks.....Les

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-09 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]Moosestock,
My Vortex was the Sandpiper as well. It was a great value for the $, but the optical quality was not comparable to that of the Sightron in my opinion. Now I am assuming you are talking about the older SII spotter that could be had in either 20-50X60mm or 20-50X80mm versions. I have the latter. Sightron now makes a newer ?20-50X65mm scope with a more "modern" eyepiece. I havn't looked through that one... they run ~400-$500 though.
There aren't many opinions out there on these scopes from what could find, just not real popular I guess. Thats OK with me!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom