Opinons - Nikon EDG 1 - 8X42

375hunter

Any feedback, reports, reviews, or comments on these binoculars? I have read a lot of birder reviews that they are a Alpha Binocular. I really like the reviews of edge sharpness approaching Swaro and some of the others. I am looking at a demo pair that I can get for around $1150...At that price range is there anything better?

375hunter,

I have looked through a pair of the original EDG Binoculars. A local gun shop has one listed for $2k. I am afraid I cannot recall whether its an 8x42 or 10x42. Nevertheless, it certainly has that alpha impression. They are fantastic and worth every penny of $1150. Edge sharpness is as good as anything out there. Better than Leica and as good, or better than Swarovski. The EDG focus wheel is the best...period. I have found that 10x42's present a more pleasing view to me. I wear glasses and that may have something to do with it.

On another hand, the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 can be found under $1,000 and they are simply the best binoculars that can be found under $1.600 in my opinion. Take a look through them if you can find them.

Nikon EDG 1 8x42 has serious flaw with its integrated diopter design. I would pass that opportunity no matter how sweet the deal is. The only company that does this right is Swarovski.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom