Opportunity

liecabucks

Very Active Member
I don't expect to get many responses however I'm gonna ask. For the DIY guy looking to extend his hunting obsession into December/January, what are some options across the US(preferably west/mid-west) for Muledeer/whitetail? OTC or in the future a draw hunt. I'm not super proficient with my bow however I'm not picky, I'll chuck Spears or use any other weapon legal. General direction is just fine, PM?s are ok if you'd rather. I'm no expert buuut I can help a guy out in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and or Colorado in trade. I'm pretty familiar with idaho and Utah?s late, opportunity selections.......glassing the front in between sentences!! Thanks all!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Arizona is probably going to be your huckleberry for an otc hunt that late. Start shooting the bow and go chase some bucks.

liecabucks
Here?s a couple of hunts that I personally know of That will get you out in December. Also you will see a lot of bucks and the chance for a really good one.. Western Nevada unit 021 or unit 015. Archery muzzleloader or rifle all in December.

Now for that trade part.

I am currently a resident of Nevada but have lifetime license in Idaho, lifetime license in Arizona, 22 nonresident points in Utah, 15 nonresident point in Colorado. All for deer.
I am 62 years old and I have been hunting mule deer all my life. How can you help me?
Thanks

I don't have great specifics but a friend of mine is heading out in January for a late season archery mule deer hunt he drew in New Mexico. Might put in for it for next season.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Buckhorn......look at you go!!! I smell a big ole nasty buck in your immediate future! I would think you should be planning a play on Colorado or Utah very soon. PM me and we can discuss!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom