Optics Question

bpbigperm

I currently have Vortex 10x42 Razor HD. I am looking to buy a new set of binos. I am stuck at deciding if I should buy one set of 12x42 NL Pures or the 15x50 SLC. The theory would be I could just use the 12x NL Pures and not haul around two sets of binos. My other concern is the 15x are SLCs is that Swaroski has come out with 2 new lines of binos since then and they may come out with a newer version some time soon. I have no idea, just speculating. I know some people prefer the 15x and 10x combo. I wanted to get some opinions on just using 12x NL Pures. If you were in my situation and you could buy One more pair of binos, which would it be? 15x SLC or 12x NL Pures?

Hopefully you’re not in a hurry for the 12x42 NL’s......have you found any in stock anywhere?

Btw...they are GREAT glass

I think with the increase in clarity of the NL over the slc you will not be disappointed with the NLs. Then factor in the field of view and it's a no brained.
I can't afford the NLs at the moment but I will eventually ditch my 15s for meopta 12s.

I carry 8x42 range binos on my chest, 15 SLC's and a spotter. The 15's get more use than anything else. I could never carry just 12's. If you don't plan on adding a spotter with the 12's... stick with the 15 SLC's and your 10's. The first time you find a heavy framed buck but it's too far out to count the points... you'll wish you had the extra magnification. It will of course also depend on the country you hunt the most. I've found that with top end 15's, the extra clarity doesn't make up for loss in magnification.

Last edited:
15 power are great on a tripod ! 10 power are the highest magnification I can carry and keep still when hiking. I have tried 12 power and if I can lean against a tree I have used them while hiking. But not the best for me. Buy the highest quality optic you can afford !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom