Optics

D

Drakeslayer

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-05 AT 07:03AM (MST)[p]I was wondering what pair of binocs you guys would choose if you had the chance. Bushnell Discoverer,Bushnell Legend,Nikon Monarch,Or Bausch and lomb Discoverer? And for a scope a Leupold VX1 or a Bushnell Elite 3200? Any suggestions welcome, Just trying to get ready for the hunts!!!

I have the Nikon monarchs, 10x42. For the Money, they are very hard to beat. Lightweight and very clear.

All of them are very comparable glasses. The Nikon Monarch are clear for the money. The Baush & Lomb and Bushnell Discoverers may be the same bino. Bushnell bought out B&L a year or two ago.

I prefer the B&L Discoverers. They are very durable, every bit as clear as the Nikons, and have all the same durability features as the Nikons. They do have a very unique center focus for your right eye. I love these binos. The user focuses the left eye with the center nob and then there is a small tab next to the center nob that focuses your right eye.

The glass in the binos mentioned is almost identical. It is the unique focus on the B&L's that make them a better glass.

just for the record bushnell never bought out baush & lomb they have always owned them. A Marketing stratagy they had been selling piss poor products for years. so they started producing a better product and could not give them away under the name bushnell and so started Baush & Lomb the higher end bushnell.

The Bushnell Elite is fully multicoated. Only the exterior surfaces of the Leupold glass will be coated. The Bushnell will have better light transmission than the Leupold VX1.

Both have great lifetime warranties. In fact, the Bushnell warranty is a little better, as they will give you your money back if you do not like the scope.

The Bushnell has the Rainguard.

The Leupold only has friction windage/elevation adjustments, where the Bushnell has clicks.

Unless you are firm about buying American, I'd definately get the Bushnell.

Sorry, I don't know anything about those binoculars.

Go with the Nikon monarchs or actions. As for the scope you will not go wrong with the Leupold. I do suggest at least the Vx-II. To do better you would have to go up to Swarovski level or better.

Do not go with the VX-I. It is a cheaper version of the VX-II.

The VX-II has a proven track reacord and is solid. I know my opinion is biased but I have had a VX-II on my gun for the last 5 years and it has not moved a milimeter. It is always dead on and waterproof. It is awesome.

I got my VX-II because my father really liked his. He has had it for almost 25 years and has not even bothered to sight in his rifle for the last 10 or more years. I know this is not smart but he trusts his VX-II that much.

Good input guys! I was thinking of putting a VX II on my Savage this year. Alot of good brands and models, but this sounds as good as any for the price range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom