Options Around Denver or Aspen

ARHunter

I have a good friend that lives in Denver and his girlfriend lives in Aspen. They have wanted me to come visit for a while, and I would sure like to double the visit up with some hunting. I wouldn't be expecting to bag a trophy by any means. Seeing some game and experiencing the country would be my primary goals, but if I was able to harvest something, that would be icing on the cake. So, my question is will there be any opportunities for me in the second draw to go on a hunt, or maybe any decent otc options?

Second draw is news to me. Not sure how this is going to work?, but the leftover list has become a 'Private Land Only' list mostly, and tag grab. Plan to fish regardless! Should be OTC tags for around Aspen, but Denver opportunities are near 0.

Yeah, my lack of knowledge on the Colorado draw system, and what seems to be little info out there on 2020 second draw has made it all a bit confusing for me.

What species might have some OTC tags around Aspen? That is where we would be spending the visit, but I'd likely plan on camping during my days designated for hunting.

Mule deer would have been my first choice, but if there is no path to that, I'll take what I can get. I'll be black bear hunting in NM shortly before I plan to go to CO, so maybe I'll grab an elk tag. Then over to KS whitetail. Gonna be a busy fall!

I always appreciate the feedback I get on here. Thanks, guys! Also, if anyone can elaborate on what to do for second draw if I'm wanting to hunt around Aspen, that would be helpful. And do you know if the elk would be 43 or 471?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom