OR Mtn Goat

LoveBigRacks

Anybody else catch this article in the news about a 12 yr old killing a 52" billy on the Elkhorn Mtn Goat hunt this year? Sounds like one heck of a goat, especially for a 12 year old. My buddy had this tag in 2001 and we had an awesome hunt, he ended up shooting an 11yr old billy that scored just over 50". I'm happy to see the ODFW added two tags for an October mtn goat hunt which will lead to thicker / nicer coats. They've been increasing the number of tags on these hunts since 2000 and it sounds like the herds are doing really well. Sure...I can't draw a damn tag (or even antelope tag) but this 12 yr old pulls off the dream of a lifetime on her first try. Good for her though, I'm actually really happy for her - great to see the kids getting into hunting and hopefully this hunt has her hooked for life.

http://www.katu.com/news/66388402.html

LBR

This was a great story. The little girls family are some of most intense hunters/ hikers you will find. Couldn't have happened to a better kid, although I sure her older brother wishes he could have been the one behind the rifle on that day.

I agree, great story for sure. I'm really happy to see this tag go to a youngster, female at that. Sounds like she's got a very supportive family around her too. I bet her older brother, Dad, uncles, etc. all had a little envy as far as her drawing this tag, and then killing a monster billy. She's got the bragging rights in the family this year!

LBR

Back
Top Bottom