Oregon Coast

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
I will be attending a work conference in Portland in mid-July and plan to take the family with me for a few days vacation on the Oregon coast prior to the conference. Anybody from that area want to recommend areas to go to (or avoid), cheap family restaurants or hotels, unusual things to see, etc.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Mark

Seaside is a fun family place to hang out. Lots of stuff for family to do and GREAT food. It's only about 1.2hrs from Portland.

Just take HWY 26 west all the way to the coast. Seaside exit is there. Go all the way into town. You will see where everyone hangs out on the "strip". Have fun!

muleyman

I'm not a local, in fact only been there once. We drove over to Seaside... It was about 40mi as I recall. Kinda touristie but absolutly beautiful. It's the kind of stuff you see in "Goonies"

RUS

Seaside is a great place to spend time. if you get a chance drive down HWY 101 about an hour to Tillimook, the cheese factory there is the largest tourist trap in Oregon but it's worth seeing. the WWII blimp base there has been turned into a air museum and they have a bunch of nice old war birds . north of Seaside is the Lewis and Clark deal and a great maritime museum, there's a ton of stuff on the north coast to see.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom