Oregon Muzzle loader?

MTShasta

Can anyone recommend an Oregon legal muzzle loader and bullet combo? I don't believe my in line is legal and my old Hawkin leaves a lot to be desired.
The regulations are less than clear.

MTShasta, Any of the guns that say Western model should be legal. They are made for Oregon and Idaho. CVA and Traditions both have models. Check out Muzzle-Loaders .com. They are in Oregon

They will all say northwest edition or something to that nature. Will be good for use in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.

Thanks for the info. It appears that the supply issue is affecting muzzleloaders too. Most are out of stock, but at least I now know what to look for. I may have to dust off my old Hawken.

Oregon's Law:

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO: Use scopes (permanent or detachable). • Use sights that use batteries, artificial light or energy except for visually impaired hunters with a permit (see page 25). Open and peep sights are legal, including open and peep sights with fiber optics or fluorescent paint on them. • Hunt with or have in possession while hunting, sabots or bullets with plastic or synthetic parts. Cloth, paper or felt patches are allowed. • Hunt with centerfire primers or matchlock as an ignition source.

Wish Utah would adopt the same law!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom