Organ Mtn Jan Bowhunt

muleybeast

I was one of the lucky few that drew the Jan tag in the Organs. I know the area quite well, I graduated from NMSU, and live in La Union. I was just wondering which area any of you guys think holds the highest deer densities. I was thinking about Achenbach Canyon, and Hiking out the Aguirre Springs loop...any ideas ?

I'll check my maps tonight to see exactly where i've been but there are a bunch of deer in that area. I've seen some really nice bucks and have a shed sweet spot that usually find some quality horns in. I believe it's around the achenbach canyon area. I'll send you a PM when i figure it out.

As far as aguirre springs, the fire over here on WSMR may effect that hunt even though it's still quite a ways out. There was a bunch of vegetation burned in that area last month by the abrahms fire. I'm not sure how much activity you'll see in there this yr.

That would be awesome!!! Thank you for your help, I know it holds some good deer, but I don't want to waste that tag wandering around in a low density area. Once again thank you.

Muleybeast,
I have a cousin that's been lucky enough to draw that tag twice and was successful on one of them. He said it was a good hunt the only bad thing he said is you can't go on to White Sands land, that was only the draw back he said. Still he saw a good amount of deer, I will try and get some information from him and I will PM you.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom