Ormiston Point Rd Access

BowHuntr

Hey all,

Just wondering about access up on the San Juan National Forest from Ormiston Point Road from the Dove Creek side. (road that crosses the Dolores River, and heads up on the forest)Anyone been up that way recently? Is this road open? What are the snow conditions like?

Planning on heading up that way this coming weekend, if it's possible.

Appreciate any info.

Thanks,

BowHuntr

Being as my parent live above the river. I'm guessing the access is going to be pretty rough still. On the east side of the river they had about 4 inches of snow just the other day. If you do go, bring some chains, a shovel, a chainsaw, and either a winch or jack if you have one. Its very possible to get stuck in the middle of the road if the roads are still wet enough. If your needing anything else let me know!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom