ORYX DOWN!!!!

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
It took me all month to score, but I finally did it. These oryx (gemsbok) are not coming off the missile range much right now. I got this one by tracking. They were the only fresh tracks I could find yesterday, so I followed them for a couple of miles until I jumped this bull out of his bed. He's right at 34", and will score 81 SCI.
danoryx3.jpg

danoryx2.jpg

danoryx1.jpg

Great job! Congratulations. Persistence pays off doesn't it! Beautiful Bull and great field photos too.

Hey NMTAXI!

congrats!! finally paid off by trackin!! nice bull!!! was oryx alone? or??

congrats again with the fine oryx!

vinihunt

Congratulations on such a fine looking animal. Are you going to do some type of pedestal mount to show him off? How many days did you end up hunting this past month?
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Doug/RedRabbit

I haven't decided how I'm going to mount him yet. I still haven't mounted my coues deer from last Dec. I get so busy with everybody else's stuff, I never have time for mine.

Awesome. Especially having to hunt your azz off for him. Man, that last picture makes me proud and I don't even know you guys....congradulations!

Hey NMtaxi,

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Looks like you connected on a fine representation of what New Mexico has to offer when it comes to oryx. I'm sure with all the persistence in tracking and finally being able to connect and harvest this fine animal was just a bonus to this memorable hunt.

Droptine

Thanks everybody. The hunt was a lot of fun. I don't have much to do in August anyway, so having a month long hunt was pretty cool. I just didn't think I'd take it down to the wire like I did. Hunting with my dad and son makes that much better. Nothing like being a hero to your son, and having you dad proud of you (no matter what age you are).

Dan:

Beautiful animals, aren't they?!! Man, sounds like you really put in the miles and time to earn a GREAT trophy! WTG ...

Lv2hnt

Great job, I remember back when you pulled a tag (because I didn't!) hehe, great trophy and great eating (so I am told)!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom