Oryx hunting...time is running out!!!!

Try hunting down the west side of the northwest corner of the base. I've never hunted off range but often saw that advice. I assume you've already done that, though, so good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-16 AT 08:46AM (MST)[p]I killed a Rhodes Canyon oryx on the extended area (day of hunt map) northeast on the base. It ran up to HWY380. Mine was 8 miles south of 380. You might look for BLM on that northeast edge of the WSMR. We didn't go farther north or east but there were plenty up there. Maybe near 380 and 54 on one side or another of the Mal Pais. The oryx were semi tame appose to the spook at 800 yards on the rest of the base.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom