Oryx Mount

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
I finally got my 2004 off-range oryx finished. I can't believe it took me 7 years. This bull had the most scarred up cape I have ever seen. I assume it's from fighting, but it almost looked like it had been attacked by a mountain lion or someting. He had puncture wounds and gashes all over. I decided to leave it natural and not try and hide the scars.

offrange.jpg

orm1.jpg

orm2.jpg

orm3.jpg

They sure are a neat looking animal and make a gorgeous mount. I also think it looks almost like a lion got hold of him and somehow he got away.

nmtaxi........Very nice work! looks great with all the battle scars too!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

I sure do like when animals are left in their natural way. With that said I love the way this one looks with the marks on his neck.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-11 AT 10:07AM (MST)[p]wow thats beautiful mount. great job.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom