Oryx Near Anthony, New Mexico

muleybeast

Well I was out scouting for deer for my upcoming unit 19 hunt, and calling coyotes as well. Only called in 1 dog, but to my great surprise I kicked up a very nice Oryx. He/she not sure, was about 200 yards from me, easy .270 shot, and did not like my predator call at all. What is so surprising is where I found this guy. Literally 1-2 miles from I-10, on the West side of those little rugged Anthony's nose mountains. Was real cool to see. Found the tracks of about 4 more crisscrossing the two track I was on. I know they are out there but didn't expect to see one this far WEST OF THE MISSILE RANGE.

Very cool! Wish I coulda found one offrange the first few days of the month... still got all month to find one though. That is pretty far west.. Good luck on your hunt!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom