Our Alberta black bear hunt

bullelk97

Just got back from Alberta on our black bear hunt. We were in the Fort McMurray area with Ells River Outfitting. All 4 of us took bears. My bear was the smallest of the 4 but it is my first bear and I am thrilled to death with it. I took it with my bow at 10 yards in camp. Cannot wait to do another bear hunt. It was a blast.
4a28864b5a27b677.jpg

This is a pic of my brother-in-law Kent Beckstead with his first bear weighing in at close to 450 lbs. and an estimated skull measurement of 20-21 inches. He watched this bear for an hour before shooting it at 18 yards out of a stand with his 7mm.
4a28881c651c59b8.jpg

This pic is of my neighbor Jarrod Chamberlain on the left with his first bear, a sow he took with his bow out of a stand and my brother-in-law's brother-in-law Mark Freemeyer on the right with his dandy 350 lb. boar with a skull of 18-19 inches he took with his 7mm.
4a2889576b915733.jpg

Looks like you guys had a fun hunt and did well. Good looking animals. Alberta is on my list of places to go hunt bears someday. One of these days.... Congrats on the success!

Jaxon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom