out of state hunts

31incher

Hey guys this year im planning on applying for some out state hunts. The problem im having is i only have a 2000 dollar budget and as many of you know you can use that up with only applying for one or two hunts. So i guess my questions is... Do you think i.should buy the hunting license and just buy bonus points for as many species and states possible or limit myself to only putting in for two or three hunts and actually apply? I just have a hard time buying the license and not atleast putting my name in hat. I know some states done require or will refund after unsuccessfuls come out. Another question i have to would be what states would you prefer to apply? Thanks an advance!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-13 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]In Utah you don't have to pay for the tag until you are drawn. Wait until the deadline and buy the small game license and apply so you can use the small game license next year. You will of course get points if not drawn.

In New Mexico there are no points and you have to pay the whole amount up front. The Game and Fish does however credit your credit card if you do not get drawn. So all you end up losing is the $20 NR fee, just make sure to check the box to refund the general hunting license fee. If you are willing to pay the interest on your credit card for a couple of months NM is a good place to try your luck.

Colorado you have to pay the up front, if you don't get drawn you get points. You have to wait for a check in the mail.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom