OUT ON A LIMB

Elmacho

Guys and Gals,

I am at 9 points this year. Just shy by 1 or 2.

I have tried to research as much as I can to find the best elk unit for a 350 or better opportunity. I prefer to archery hunt it. I live 15 hrs from Wyoming so scouting is limited.

Unit 7 might not be the one, base on what I keep reading about private land issues, but I really don't know if its that bad or just hyped up. Not thinking unit 100 31, 32 would be the place, maybe I am wrong...

I prefer to go unguided, but will consider it if it will get me into wildernesses that might offer up a beast.

Any suggestions on units/hunts welcomed. PM me if you like.

Good luck this season!

I'd start by looking at the units you can draw and derive a reasonable expectation from that research. You don't have the points to draw 30/31/100.

Does hunting with griz bother you? If not use one of the best outfitters and hunt in the wilderness. Looking for a 350 or better with no experience in the unit, I would hire a professional.

BBB- been to CO many times. About to hunt 76 with my points...I like your sense of humor about trying for a 350 there....

I don't know how the heck I got to 9 points so fast in WYO...time flies...

Good advice on seeing what I can draw with my points, guess I put the bull in front of the points....I do plan to scout the unit once I narrow it down a tad. I just cant come out to WYO and start on a walk about the whole state looking for a big bull. I figure I am 2-4 years out from applying to draw the tag, so I am looking for starting points for that 350+ bull.

I prefer to go DIY, but if its next to impossible to find what I am looking for, then I need to know that too. I know they aren't around every corner, but I am ok with them being around every few corners...

I figure this is a once in a lifetime tag for me with these points.

Already burnt up my NV and AZ points....shot 335 and 355 bulls...I'll never draw Utah.....just seeing if there's a chance at my best in WYO.

Thanks

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom