Outbreak kills hundreds of bighorns

NevadaJames

You might want to hurry up for this hunt there might not be any next year. Did you see the RGJ about the Pneumonia outbreak in Nevada,Montana,Utah,Washington it is a stagering Number. More than 79 bighorns in Nevada alone in the East Humboldts and Ruby Ranges, wildlife officals think the outbreak could end up killing as much as 80 percent of the 340 bighorns there.

Im guessing there won't be a this year in Nevada, although last time they still gave a tag or two out, why I don't really know, can't remember the excuse they gave.

There will be a hunt in both units this year, the application regs are out already. There is information in there that explains about the disease event. One of the biolgists told me that it won't hurt anything. It only takes one ram to breed, and having a tag or two isn't going to make a difference. I think it will also help NDOW out in getting a real idea of the damage, because there will still be people out there looking at the sheep, and can give a good number of how many survived.

Later,

Marcial

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-10 AT 07:46AM (MST)[p]That was the same as last time, now I remember. Its probably not that important, but letting the oldest rams that survive the event live would seem better to me than killing them.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom