Outdoor brick pizza oven?

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-03-13 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]I am restoring a house in AF, Utah and am thinking about installing an outdoor brick pizza oven out back....Anyone have any experience with these? I might consider doing it myself but would probably go crazy before I got to cook anything. I can't find any info online for contractors that build them here, just lots of kits... anyone know of anyone? I have found one that Alpine fireplace sells, but I'm still looking...

Thanks!!

------------------------------------------
-----
http://andymansavage.com

Andyman, I'm not gonna show this post to my wife. I have her convinced it can't be done. I have enough other projects going already!

Just to throw it out there but the best brick mason in utah county is Joel K Parry! he lives in lindon and has always done great work! Even if you dont use him ill bet he could give you the direction you need!!Sun Country Game Birds!!

Hey Andy?

I'd like an Invite when you get the Pizza Cookin!:D

I can Taste it from here!

And NVB!

Build the Gal a Brick Oven!

You're just affraid She'll make you do more Cookin!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

LAST EDITED ON May-04-13 AT 05:52AM (MST)[p]As a masonry contractor I have been asked for a estimate of costs of a wood fired brick pizza oven. Just for the core (CMU, grout, fire brick, flue liners, etc) the cost of materials and labor is going to be in the $4,000 to $6,000 range. That price would not include the cost of the concrete footings that would be needed nor the additional cost of a brick or stone veneer on the outside. Overall, I would think you'd better have $10,000 in the budget to realistically complete the project.

Buy a Big Green Egg instead. You can cook steaks at 700 F, smoke meats at 200-250 F and make great pizza. Only downside would be a smaller cooking area compared to what she wants.

LRHF

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom