Outdoor stores.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Hey you Utah guys, I need a 15 below zero sleeping bag by this weekend. I'm coming to Salt Lake this Saturday to pick up my brother-in-law at the airport who is flying in from Florida. We both are cold weather sissys and need extra insulation in the cold weather as compared to most Westeerners. We will be bivvying in about 5 miles and I already have one 15 below zero bag made by Kelty which has worked very well for me. I know that I can go to Cabela's, Sheels and Sportsmans Warehouse but just in case they don't have what I need is there anywhere else I can go that specailizes in backcountry hiking and camping? I ask this question because I've already gone to one local specialty store and one Sportsmans Warehouse in Twinn Falls and all they had were summer bags (20 degrees and up). So I just want a couple of more options in case the regular places aren't up to par. Thank you, fatrooster.

Should be able to find them at REI which is located off I-15 at 106th south, if not there is outnback in Orem that would have them if REI doesn't.

Thankyou ARROWHNTR, thats exactly the help I was looking for. I will check these places out if need be. fatrooster.

Sportsman warehouse are up and down the I 15. It depends on which way you are headed. If they have what you need we can get your any of there address's .

You can also rent them at REI if you don't want to fork out a ton of cash or just want to try one out first!!

Backcountry.com has an outlet store in West Valley. Check out their website and see if they have what you are looking for. They are usually a little cheaper than other retail stores.

Recreation Outlet on state street (between 25-40 south)is primarily a backbacking store. Reasonable quality at good prices.

Good luck.

Throw a hand warmer in the bottom of your sleeping bag by your feet and you will sleep like a baby in even the coldest temps.

while hand warmers will work I boil my water and place it in a water tight bottle and throw it in the bottom of my sleeping bag. this warms every thing up and keeps your water from freezing and keeps you toasty all night long.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

Another very good outdoor store is Kirkhams (3125 So. State St, Salt Lake 801 486 4161). Their retail store sells all the highest end backpacking and camping gear.

Kirkhams is maker of Springbar tents as well.

Cheers,
Pete

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom