outfitters for Book Cliffs, Little Creek (roadless)

gundog2

Does anybody know outfitters that provide drop camp or other basic horsepacking service in the roadless area of the Book Cliffs? I think that I could backpack my way into most ares of this unit, but I can see how it would be tough to get an elk out. I am thinking about the early rifle elk hunt.

Send a personal message to "pumaguy" He lives in green river and does that sort of thing in the roadless. There are a number of good guides that will take you in, but as I found last year, I saved a lot money by doing it myself, and got to purchase a bunch of my own nice gear instead of "renting" the outfitters gear.

}}-SLIVER-->

I would also recommend a DIY hunt. It does allow for getting a few of the "toys" that you would have otherwise not been able to get.

Bookcliff outfitters out of Norwood Colorado
Bruce and Kathey Nay. He kills some great bulls
I guide for him part time on the Colorado side in units
21-30 he knows the Utah bookcliffs better then anyone
That I know. He was a big big help to me and my wife when
She had her books archery tag last yr and she ended
Up killing a 377" bull

FOWL FREAKS

I was informed I was mentioned in this thread and will respond. I am a licensed, permitted and insured outfitter for the roadless area of the Bookcliffs. I have done drop camps and pack services in the past and would love to talk to you about your plans. I can best be reached on my cell phone of 435-820-4995. You can also check out some basic info on Facebook at GTOutfitters. I can also give you a list of references upon request. Guy Webster

When it comes to the Roadless of the bookcliffs, pumaguy is the best there is. Whether you need a drop camp, animal packed out, or fully guided hunt he's as accomplished as anyone in that area. He lives close so he's much more available than most. If you're interested in anything on the Bookcliffs talk to him first.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-13 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]I recommend double c guides. They take great bulls every year and are great guys. Me and my dad had a really fun hunt with them in 2011 and we took a great bull

SO... I think I made a mistake. My son told me to put in for cow bison on the bookcliff little creek south and for some reason I drew out on the first try. I did it now knowing its not motorized vehicles so I think the only way this hunt happens is with an outfitter. Any suggestions? If you know someone have them email me if you will [email protected] Thanks!

I was informed I was mentioned in this thread and will respond. I am a licensed, permitted and insured outfitter for the roadless area of the Bookcliffs. I have done drop camps and pack services in the past and would love to talk to you about your plans. I can best be reached on my cell phone of 435-820-4995. You can also check out some basic info on Facebook at GTOutfitters. I can also give you a list of references upon request. Guy Webster
Hunted the Books with Guy years ago. Great hunt, great guide.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom