Over Counter Archery Deer in Utah

3Fingerbrown

I should have applied for a general season archery deer tag in the draw but I didn’t, I had some other hunts out of state that I thought were going to take precedent but now may not. Also my teenage son just in the last few weeks has really gained strength and interest in bow hunting and might be ready. What tags will likely be available in July? Even if I could only get a youth archery deer tag, we could get out in the field and scout and camp with a purpose. I’m fairly new to the state I appreciate the advice.

In July some time around the 15 to 20th the left over general archery tags will go on sale. You'll have to weather the online nightmare the moment they go on sale to get one for yourself, but there should be plenty of youth ones available for your son.

On a side note, any archery deer or archery elk (only OTC tag left in Utah) will allow you to hunt the extended archery area's. For deer here on the Wasatch front that would be until Nov 30th. For elk it goes until Dec 15th.

It's super tough hunting but there's nothing like having a 4 week season in Aug to early Sept then can hunt all the way into the snows flying in Dec.

It's the best value in the country for the ability to spend time in the field.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks guys, that is good to hear that there will likely be some youth archery tags. Are most of the general season deer units available for youth deer archery? Or are there only some units likely to remain?

I don't think any of the general archery deer units have ever sold out youth archery tags in the draw. Pretty sure there have always been left overs for every unit. Some pretty thin though.

Between an elk tag for you and a deer tag for your kid, you'll surely be able to go have some fun !!!

Cheers, Pete

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom