Pack frame questions?

W

WatchemDrop93

I am planning on going on a back country bowhunt next year and have never used a pack frame and a hunting pack and i was just wondering whats the point in having a pack frame and if you have to have one on a back country hunting trip or if you can just where the pack without the frame. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

"Luck is when preperation meets opportunity"

The frame makes life a whole lot easier when you are packing out quarters,boned-out meat and the cape and rack. Some packs can be used with or without the frame, others can't.
Norkal

You'll probably want to use some type of hybrid or Internal frame pack, which allows it to be used as a day pack and also be able to expand when it comes time to move your camp or haul meat. Eberlestock, Badlands, Hornhunter, Hardcore Hunt Pack, Mystery Ranch, the list goes on. It will also help to know your quarry.....If its only deer or smaller game you have more options. Frames are nice when your haulin heavy loads, but the majority of your time you will be hunting (90%) and you will want to be fast and light. JMO

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Look at Eberlestock or Kifaru. The kifaru can be broke down to use just as a meat hauler.

there is a short list of Realy good packs and then a long list of runner ups. I think The badlsnds 4500 wins hands down. but take a look at Eberlestock thay make some good packs but when you get them full you fell like you have a shell on your back were as the 4500 is more centered on your back and hips.

A frame pack by far would be the choice for back country hunting. Especially if you are going to spend a few days or more out. Hold out for a few and wait for all the new packs to come out. As well as the main stream packs that are written about often here, keep your eyes open for Wilderness Packs and The Outdoorsman. Both are coming out with awesome light weight frame packs this year.
Good luck!
Bill

Bill,

When are you going to post pics of the pack? I think people will like it. I will be ordering one soon.

Badlands is coming out with a Sweet external frame/internal fram pack called the Ox, you need to consider this pack. It is sweet. I dont have all the details on this pack yet, But I sure cant wait to try one out.

when guys like us buy another pack or whatever from the independent, small, high quality North American makers like Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Integral Designs, Western Mountaineering, Wildthings and Feathered Friends, to name some of the very best I have dealt with, you are helping the economy here and that is quite crucial at present.

>when guys like us buy another
>pack or whatever from the
>independent, small, high quality North
>American makers like Kifaru, Mystery
>Ranch, Integral Designs, Western Mountaineering,
>Wildthings and Feathered Friends, to
>name some of the very
>best I have dealt with,
>you are helping the economy
>here and that is quite
>crucial at present.

We get it already.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom